About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My Whereabouts
Driklyn Offline

My Whereabouts
Hi,

Just thought I'd write a little post as to what's been going on in my life recently and why I haven't been very active on the forums as of late.

First off, I recently moved halfway across the country to San Francisco, California about a month and a half ago for a new job (my first real job in the computer industry actually).

The company I work for is called UrtheCast. We are putting cameras on the ISS (International Space Station) and streaming live HD imagery and video to the web. I am apart of the web development team and responsible for programming the interface which users will use to access these images and videos. My focus is mainly on JavaScript (jQuery) and Flash, with some HTML, CSS, and PHP mixed in between.

I moved into my new apartment 4 weeks ago this Saturday. It's only 270 sq ft, so it's a little small, but it's cheap for San Francisco and includes all utilities, which is nice. Recently got internet hooked up, so I will (hopefully) be able to be more active in the coming weeks.

Moving from a place where you must drive to get anywhere to a big city was quite a big change, but I am loving it so far! The whole process has been very easy and I love being able to walk wherever I need to be. Plus this city is one of the biggest tech cities in the US. Many, many startups and bigwig companies are based here or close by.

I stopped working on this idea quite a while ago, but am hoping to get back into it soon. Not entirely sure if I will be using EE for it anymore, but it's still a possibility.

That's all I got. smile
03-08-2012 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dylantan Offline

RE: My Whereabouts
Best of luck Driklyn! May your endeavor be fruitful.
03-09-2012 02:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

RE: My Whereabouts
Thanks guys, appreciate it!
03-09-2012 05:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply