About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Some questions about the Particle System
h.a.n.d Offline

Some questions about the Particle System
Hi Developers,

I'm trying to understand the particle system of Esenthel and got some questions right away:

1. How do I change the emission rate of a Particle, so i.e. 1 particle will be emitted every second?

2. How do I disable the motion distortion of the particle, so they aren't stretched in the moving direction?

3. How do I use the actual colors of the used particle.gfx instead of a color set in the Particle.create(image, color, elms, radius, life_avg)?
Where the colour is Color c = Color(40,0,0,0) (a dark red).

Thank you for your help and your time!
h.a.n.d
03-10-2012 05:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
h.a.n.d Offline

So far ...
[solved] 3rd question
I answered my 3rd question so far:
- you have to draw the particle in RM_BLEND mode
- you have to set the color of the particle to white Color(255,255,255,255), the important thing is to set the alpha value up to 255

2nd question
Is the stretching of the particle discribt in the 2nd question related to the movement / movement speed? At first I thought it's caused by the camera (angle, fov, or else.) but spawning some static (none moving) particles at different positions on the screen did not distort them.
Than I changed the movement Vec and noticed that the stretching is always in the moving direction.

My guess is that the particle gets processed by a shader or something else which adds the movement distortion.

How can I influence this behavior? Is there a flag I have to turn off?
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2012 11:18 PM by h.a.n.d.)
03-13-2012 10:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply