About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Dimiria: The Agrarian Falls (Pre-Alpha)
dylantan Offline

Dimiria: The Agrarian Falls (Pre-Alpha)
Greeting everyone. After a long year into the project development, we finally made it to the pre-alpha stage. This is our first game promo trailer video showing our pre-alpha stage project "Dimiria: The Agrarian Falls".

(Do watch in HD, its more clearer)

If you like to find out a little more, just head to http://www.dimiria.com. Sorry for the lousy design, and we are coming out with a new website design soon too to replace the current one. We will post some picture soon to showcase more of our work. It is still in heavy development, and we are still working very hard to complete and polish the game. By estimation, we should be able to complete the project within 2-3 months from now.

Just a short simple highlight of the game:
- Not just another generic fantasy. The world of Dimiria is anything but boring. We have spent countless hours in studying, planning and revising the world of Dimiria with one goal in mind, and that is to make Dimiria interesting and exciting to play.
- Fast pace action oriented combat with companion! There are three classes of heroes that player could choose from (the Fighter, Mage and Rogue). Each of these heroes has their own set of specialties and abilities, leading to unique gameplay. The player will encounter a total of eight companions throughout the course of the game. These companions will during all subsequent quests, fight alongside the player.
- Travel across various and carefully crafted landscapes. Explore the widely varied terrain of Dimiria, rugged mountains, scorching deserts and hazardous jungles. Embark on an epic quest to save Dimiria from the havoc and destruction that besets the kingdom of Andhere Terrae. With a group of loyal friends fend off the invasion of the Hiristian army.
- Emphasis on story. Dimiria is a thrilling dark fantasy story with danger lurking round every corner. Rampant with magic and incredible creatures, we promise an interesting plot and unique gameplay.

The following is some of the scenes:

We would love to hear from everyone and appreciate your feedback about the game smile Also please support us "morally" by clicking "Like" to our video if you think you like our presentation smile Thank you in advance
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012 03:43 PM by dylantan.)
07-24-2012 02:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Dimiria: The Agrarian Falls (Pre-Alpha)
Cool, very pro! wow there are so many great projects appearing recently I think I'll need to put some in the news page.

Edit: don't forget to put the Esenthel logo on the game homepage, thank you.
07-24-2012 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

07-24-2012 04:34 PM
dylantan Offline

Oh wow, thanks Esenthel. Sure thing, we had the current website as temporary site, but when we launch the new website, will sure include the Esenthel Logo. Thank you again for the kind words and confident smile
07-25-2012 01:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dante190884 Offline

Some parts of models and animations remembers me a Lineage II game, interesting.
07-28-2012 07:36 PM
dylantan Offline

Serious? Wow thank you Dante. Its flattering to hear that our game remind you of Lineage2. Dimiria did started out as a MMORPG project, but we drop the idea as we don't have the infrastructure, the funds nor the resources to make this possible and therefore we make it into Single Player.

This project is actually inspired by Shaiya, Aion (Lineage 2 creator), and Dragonage 1 (not 2) concept. I don't know which parts of our game looked like Lineage 2 (either did we ever played Lineage 2 nor did we study them), but we did a intensive study on the above mentioned games including the game mechanism, structures, level design, models and animations. And we designed and built everything from ground up. All of our character model are 100% custom made and all the texture are hand painted. For animation it is 50% mocap (we purchase from mocap provider) + 50% key animation. We did outsource many of the animation plus we did reused/recycle back many of the animation that we bought from Arteria3d, Dexsoft and other freelance animators as well but still it took us 14 months just to do the models, and rigging/skinning and animation. So I am not surprised if you feel our similarity with the games mentioned.

And to all good people of Esenthel. As fellow game developers, we would love to hear more opinions/criticisms and comments from you about our test game release video. We welcome all good and bad about the game/video. We will improve the bad, and enhance the good. We do set a high standard for ourselves and we are still far from completing this game, and we looking for ways on how we could further improve the game. As we speak, we are still improving our game design, Particles Effects, and animation. Thank you in advance guys smile

Here is some of the battle scene:

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012 03:49 PM by dylantan.)
07-31-2012 01:06 PM
Tottel Offline

It looks very good. smile

I can't comment much on the gameplay since it's just a video + I'm not a big fan of the genre.
Since you're going for Singleplayer, I hope you have your story worked out since the gameplay doesn't seem that unique to me. smile

It would be cool if you have different behaviour for different enemies. I notice they just attack you in "blob" formation from 1 side. It'd be nice if some would try to get behind you as well.
07-31-2012 02:45 PM
dylantan Offline

Thank you Tottel for your kind words. Ah yes, we spend countless hours making the story, we had a professional writer to help with the scripts and dialogues. I do agree with you about the mobs. The mobs are behaviour a little weird when we made the video, but we made a lot of improvement over the character/mobs AI right now, I think when we release the next video (when the development is reach Beta stage), you will be able to see more improvement/enhancement.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012 04:02 PM by dylantan.)
07-31-2012 03:54 PM
invernomuto Offline

It really looks very good!

Good luck with your game Dylantan.
Bye
08-07-2012 12:12 PM
dylantan Offline

Thank you for your kind words invernomuto. This surely give us a good moral boast.
08-07-2012 02:48 PM