About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Clouds / Sun question
Gian-Reto Offline

Clouds / Sun question
While playing around with the Tutorials some questions came up:

- can I define a second sun (or, even better, use the sun class as moon by defining a second one and tweaking its parameters)? How can I do this?
- how do I create my own images for volumetric or layered clouds? I see they are in the gfx format, so there must be a tool to convert them. Is it the converter tool? Is there something special I need to do to make the images compatible?
- Is there a way to fix the horizon, so when I move the camera up and down, the horizon doesn't move up and down with the camera (in other words, to fix the horizon with the terrain, and not the camera)?
04-05-2012 11:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JonathonA Offline

RE: Clouds / Sun question
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 12:00 AM by JonathonA.)
04-06-2012 12:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gian-Reto Offline

RE: Clouds / Sun question
Thanks, I think this should get me moving in the right direction...

However, i would also be intersted what exactly are the requirements for sun images, so i can make my own... must the alpha channel be set? Black/white background? How do I convert an image to .gfx format?

EDIT:

Okay, tried it, and got it to work with day night cycles after some thinkering. Cool... but:

If I want my full moon to lit the night, I get very weird artefacts... the lighting of the second astro obejct seems to be completly off! I mean, I set it to a very low value, but its actually very bright, and the lighting is completly broken.

Is there any known problem with having two directional light sources active at the same time? And yes, I am using deferred rendering, which should allow for an arbitrary number of light sources AFAIK.
Is there any problem or limitation with the EE Lighting I should know of?
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 09:42 PM by Gian-Reto.)
04-06-2012 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply