About Store Forum Documentation Contact

what's this box in the sky?
Ezequel Offline

what's this box in the sky?
Hi,

I created a new project, but I see a strange "box" in the sky which seems to have a magnify effect. I don't remember putting it there myself and I can't delete it.
I'm currently using the engine's demo skybox files so I don't know how to get rid of this box... It's visible in the world editor but also when playing the game.
Any idea's? grtz

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 01:02 AM by Ezequel.)
04-06-2012 12:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

RE: what's this box in the sky?
Perhaps it's the sun? Path to the images could be wrong or the images are missing.
04-06-2012 06:27 AM
Ezequel Offline

It was the sun indeed, thanks for pointing out, I fixed it now =]
I noticed when I built & run my project in visual studio I did see the sun I referenced to, but in the world editor I saw the sun as a flat image like in the screenshot above.

Solution: In my "Data" map I had to put the Sky folder in the Gfx folder instead of just in the Data folder for the sun to work in the world editor, like the folder structure in EsenthelSDK does.
04-06-2012 02:41 PM
Driklyn Offline

That's because, by default, the World Editor looks for the sun at gfx/sky/sun.gfx. You can change this to sky/sun.gfx by pressing F9 to open the Environment Options (or click the first button of the three in the top-right corner, looks like a sun ironically), then go to Sun and remove the gfx/ from the Image input.
04-07-2012 09:28 AM