About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Write a review and support Esenthel
jasonbrownlee Offline

Write a review and support Esenthel
I'm collecting reviews of Esenthel by developers with finished and released games.

If you're interested, please write your review in the form at: http://goo.gl/GbHhI

Reviews will be published very soon.

Thanks,

Jason.
http://MobileGameEngines.com
04-13-2012 04:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scotty1121 Offline

RE: Write a review and support Esenthel
not gonna write a review there as i don't want my game publicised yet. So here's my short review on this thread.

Esenthel engine:
best engine ever.
Support for almost any format you can think of
again, best engine ever.
Best toolset in the business
Shortest pipeline ever.

500 times better than cryengine 3, and unreal engine 3.
just because they have long pipelines and you have to make their formats yourself such as texture formats specifically for cryengine... Well this is the best engine ever made to be honest with you.
04-16-2012 04:41 AM
jasonbrownlee Offline

Thanks for the comment @scotty1121
04-16-2012 04:47 AM
Demostenes Offline
Banned

(04-16-2012 04:41 AM)scotty1121 Wrote:  not gonna write a review there as i don't want my game publicised yet. So here's my short review on this thread.

Esenthel engine:
best engine ever.
Support for almost any format you can think of
again, best engine ever.
Best toolset in the business
Shortest pipeline ever.

500 times better than cryengine 3, and unreal engine 3.
just because they have long pipelines and you have to make their formats yourself such as texture formats specifically for cryengine... Well this is the best engine ever made to be honest with you.

Publishing such review makes more harm than good. Anybody from industry knows, that for example this "Shortest pipeline ever" is not true at all. 500 times better than cryengine 3 is not 3-20x slower and lacking some very important features like OC, HW instancing, static/dynamic batching....I have nothing against EE, for its price it is good engine, but such "review" will help nobody.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 05:41 PM by Demostenes.)
04-19-2012 05:38 PM
Magnets Offline

Protip: Astroturfing helps nobody...

J-just letting you know. It happened with ME3, and the shitstorm is still raging.
04-20-2012 05:29 AM
sivan Offline

hi
I think I will write a short review of Esenthel within a few weeks, but not for mobile game making...
Currently I'm evaluating it, and has both pros and cons, while I'm using actively the good old 3D Gamestudio (the reason of this evaluation is that 3DGS also has pros and cons, of course). So it will probably a comparison of these two game engines from the point of view of a non-professional indie developer. (I had some inspection both to Unity and Neoaxis, but not enough to write a review)
05-10-2012 03:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply