About Store Forum Documentation Contact

MMORPGs to Study
AndrewBGS Offline

MMORPGs to Study
I wanted to play an MMORPG for a break and also to check out other mmos to get some ideas. I tried like 3 games, but I didn't like any of them, mostly because they were throwing the player in a very complex mechanism world all of a sudden.

So I'm wondering, could you maybe point me to some indie mmos free-to-play, or at least some more simple moms? I tried and enjoyed Star Wars and WoW, but I wanted to check out something new to get ideas. Free-to-play if possible, I casually play once or twice a month lately to get ideas, I can't afford to pay for that. So please recommend me something grin
10-13-2013 04:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: MMORPGs to Study
I really like Wurm Online, but it's also quite complex. It's an open world where you can do practically anything you like. It's very deep and it takes ages to achieve anything ( which is good, imo pfft ). It's not a massive MO though, there aren't that many players per server.

Other than that, there's not really an MMO I really enjoy. They all just seem to be severely lacking in gameplay. smile
10-13-2013 05:34 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

Well, I'm looking for new gameplay opportunities, I'm not interested in a big community, so I'm going to give it a shot. But I'm up for more suggestions, too.
10-13-2013 05:40 PM
MrPi Offline

Did you play LOTRO yet? From the AAA MMO's out there it's still one of the best IMO. I've played it for years. It's mainly PvE, though.
Besides that I believe there is no such thing as an indie MMO on the same level as WOW or SWTOR, that's just not possible.
10-19-2013 02:53 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

No, I didn't. I'm a PVE fan myself, so that should be nice. I hope it's free; Will try it out tonight. Thanks!
10-23-2013 02:49 PM