About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Data Server Set-up
Wulffgrymm Offline

Data Server Set-up
Hi everyone, Sorry for this super-duper-uber-noober need but can anyone explain to me the data server set-up (step by step) for Godaddy.com. Thank you in advance.
06-11-2012 12:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Data Server Set-up
Hello,

if you want to use Data Server on external server, you need to have a dedicated server (Windows), and just use Windows Remote Desktop to preview your dedicated server, and download the Esenthel SDK there, startup Data Server DX10+ version and it will display the server's IP and port.
06-13-2012 11:32 AM
Wulffgrymm Offline

Thank you Esenthel for the info.
06-14-2012 03:49 PM
Rissa Offline

hmm does that also apply for a paid comapny lic version ??
06-16-2012 08:16 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

the tool woorks the same no matter what license you choose.
06-18-2012 06:24 PM
PsychoBoy Offline

What about running it on Linux using Wine? Will it work?
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2012 09:21 AM by PsychoBoy.)
06-27-2012 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Some people said that Esenthel app's do work when used in Wine, but I never tried it.
06-29-2012 12:52 AM
Rissa Offline

okies ? on this set up once a dedicated server is set up and the team members can sync to the data storage how do the coders get access to like the mmo or source codes to start working their wonderful magics?

far as i can see the data storage stores files like materials and mesh etc..from team members individual machines when they upload.. but only owner of lic has access to the source codes not other team members who are working on the project? can the owner share those files to team coders without violating agreement?
just not sure i understand the correct way it supposed to work :>
07-05-2012 02:20 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Data Server is for exchanging resources (not source code) that you use to make the game.
Once you purchase a license or product from Esenthel Store, you can share its files/sources within the team members/company, as long as the files don't get leaked outside.
07-09-2012 01:13 PM
Dwight Offline

Perhaps a feature that can be added to the store/website would be that you can create a group, and add people to it by email?

That way, members of the group can all access the same "Shop" window and could mutually buy items? (Member 1 buys Ineisis, Member 2 buys MMO Source, Member 3 buys RTS Source, ...)
07-09-2012 04:05 PM
Rissa Offline

? about the world's when i upload a world to the data server some of the maps i created only a few dont have a mini map folder in it. and when any of my team mates sync they are not getting the settings file located in the edit folder so when they look at the world the terrain is not showing at all and of course no texturing unless they go into each world on the server side data browser and sync up again in the edit folder.
07-13-2012 11:55 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

please provide exact steps how to reproduce the problem, thank you
07-14-2012 12:28 AM
Rissa Offline

i log into the data server and navigate to world folder sync current lvl.. team mate logs in and syncs at main lvl.. no settings are transferred today i had a team mate log in who had no worlds downloaded and had him navigate to world folder and sync with current lvl and same thing happens no settings from the edit folder that each world has.. so far all my team mates had to go into the edit folder to sync to get that settings file.
07-14-2012 12:37 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I just tried this:
start data server (brand new storage folder)
start world editor
load sample world
sync it with data server (now data server has only the world)
change data path in world editor, to a new empty path on the disk (so no files are there)
connect data browser to the data server
sync data browser at main level (data)
syncing finished, I went to sample world "edit" folder using Data Browser, and settings were received from the server.

meaning - I couldn't reproduce your issue, could you perhaps make a video of the issue, so I could see it.
07-16-2012 07:01 PM
Rissa Offline

maybe its a factor of we started with no sample anything just blank folders for the project meaning no sample world no nothing..
07-17-2012 01:25 AM