About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Waypoint direction
Harton Offline

Waypoint direction
We start implement systems based on waypoints. At some point we noticed that in the waypoints would be good to add variable that stores additional information on the direction of the point.

This is not an urgent request and probably not difficult. But really helped to set more precise track in the editor.

Thanks!
06-13-2012 08:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

RE: Waypoint direction
I second this, but could you just add a Hashmap? That way you could store anything you wanted including direction etc. Then you could store those values in your classes/structs. That would be more useful to me.
06-23-2012 03:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

you can get direction of the waypoint path:
Code:
Vec a=Waypont::(x      , true),
    b=Waypont::(x+delta, true),
    dir=!(b-a);
06-23-2012 09:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harton Offline

Yes, of course. This is the direction calculated between two points, but I would have an additional parameter, which does not depend on two points, but will be assigned to a single point.
Create a system of cut scenes where the camera follows the path, but its direction may be different from the calculated direction between two points.

It is possible that it is unnecessary add-on, but we could not otherwise solve this problem.
06-24-2012 05:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply