int main()
{
std::cout <<"Thank you in advance grin ";
}
12-30-2012 11:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jjcorp88 Offline

RE: Ineisis Online VS MMO Tutorial
I'm also confused, while Ineisis Online has the functionalities of an MMO, it doesn't have monsters, npcs, or quests.

I'm guessing we could get both sources and then add the mmo functions to the ineisis online.

Hope someone can clear this up.
12-31-2012 12:59 AM
Skykill Offline

Ineisis Online is definitively more advanced then the MMO example if you want to learn how the engine work in a client/server based environment. If you are not a so good programmer an start with the engine, start with the MMO example since it have less code, it will probably be easy for you (329kb for Ineisis and 149kb of code for the MMO). So, if you are serious about your game and need a client/server, start from Ineisis online and get also the MMO (the RPG could help also).
12-31-2012 09:45 AM
fuzzylr Offline

Here is how I see the two. Ineisis is a bit more like mind craft. The player builds the world type deal. The MMO demo is very incomplete but serves as a good example of a very early adapt of an mmo game where the mouse is used to move the character.

They are both technically MMO class games. They are two different styles of MMO's. The MMO uses the controls that of an RTS game but can easly be modded to use a wow style controls or even FPS controls.

I guess some questions you need to identify are...How good are your programming skills? You will need to be able to create new components of the game like: Advanced inventory, skills, combat, professions, mini games and much much more.

Since I am a beginner programer but a long term gamer even the MMO is a but over my head. But for the money it is a good example.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
Project V. Studios | Game Dev
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 01:33 AM by fuzzylr.)
01-04-2013 01:32 AM