About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Adding star
dylantan Offline

Adding star
Hi good ppl of Esenthel,

Has anyone managed to add star using the environment editor-->Sky-->Star function? Because from my side, when I added the star image, its not working. When I use the cloud to test the image, it works but i dont want using that. Any idea?

07-10-2012 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

RE: Adding star
You have to play with alpha value of Sky Color.
07-10-2012 01:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dylantan Offline

Thanks for the reply Harry but I don't get you. How do you change the alpha value of the sky? I don't see it in the settings. Could you guide me to it? Really appreciate it if you could. Thanks in advance

Edit: I found the value but still does not work. I couldn't see the stars picture.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 02:37 PM by dylantan.)
07-10-2012 02:33 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

yes, you need to reduce the alpha.
and the stars image must be in CUBE format (use converter to create cube map)
07-13-2012 01:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

(07-13-2012 01:35 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  yes, you need to reduce the alpha.
and the stars image must be in CUBE format (use converter to create cube map)

I thought about it too but when I checked gfx which is not in CUBE format it also works (tested for example with converted esenthel logo from SDK).
07-13-2012 06:36 PM
dylantan Offline

Harry, would you have a copy of the star gfx? May I have it? I would like find out how come mine are not working and your are. Just for my test purpose if it is alright with you.
07-16-2012 03:57 AM
Harry Offline

Here is two files. star.gfx is my stars which I use in my game and this image is in cube format (6 identical images of stars). The second is Esenthel logo from SDK converted to .gfx ant it isn't in cube format. Both works ok in WE and in game.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sv4m1t
07-16-2012 10:20 AM
dylantan Offline

Thanks again Harry.
07-17-2012 01:59 AM
dylantan Offline

Hi good people of Esenthel,

Yet again I find that the star aren't working anymore. At one point it was working (with Harry's Star sample) but recently we revisit this again and find the star are not working anymore with the latest update. Is anyone experience this problem recently?
01-29-2013 10:50 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I've just checked it, it works ok for Editor.exe but does not work in DX10, is that the case for you?
I'm investigating
01-30-2013 01:46 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Just fixed it, will work ok in next SDK.
01-30-2013 03:22 PM