About Store Forum Documentation Contact

preview in uploader tool
yvanvds Offline

preview in uploader tool
Today the uploader tool started to upload ALL data files of my project, even the ones that haven't changed for over a year. After examining my upload folder i assume this is because the timestamp of the main directory has changed. I think it is strange to upload everything anew just because of the main directory timestamp, since the timestamps of the actual files are still the same.

Still, a preview function that shows me what the uploader is about to do, before actually starting the upload, would have been handy to intercept this error.

As it is now, the uploader starts right away and stopping it probably only makes things worse. Resulting in all game clients having to download every file anew, which will be a > 2GB download.

cheers,

yvan
07-28-2012 06:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: preview in uploader tool
I did sample test:

create new folder "!/test"
put inside few files
upload the whole "!" folder

create new folder "@/test"
move the files from "!/test/*" to "@/test/*"
upload the whole "@" folder

result: no files had to be uploaded during 2nd upload

the timestamp of the containing folders are not important, only sizes and timestamps of files are checked
07-29-2012 05:16 PM
yvanvds Offline

RE: preview in uploader tool
Awkward. Over here every single file was uploaded again.

But at least it wasn't too bad in the end because the client patcher did recognize the files were actually the same and didn't download them.

On the other hand this proves the files were actually the same, even if they were all uploaded. So I have no clue what caused it if it wasn't the directory filestamp.
07-29-2012 08:47 PM