About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Changes to the SDK?
JamesProctor Offline

Changes to the SDK?
I just bought the MMO Tutorial Source Code and I went to build it but I'm getting some errors:

inv->slots[SLOT_TEMP]=list.visToAbs(list.cur); - Saying that visToAbs isn't a member of list

also:

FontDefault = Fonts("Gui/Font/tolkien.font");

Error 1 error C2679: binary '=' : no operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type 'EE::Font *' (or there is no acceptable conversion) c:\engine development\esenthel mmo\client\main.cpp 29

are there any lists of changes or could some one tell me how to correct these 2 errors? Thanks!
07-31-2012 11:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Changes to the SDK?
did you try updating your Esenthel SDK with the Autoupdate tool?
07-31-2012 11:26 PM
JamesProctor Offline

Just a empty Gray box comes up and does nothing...
Also for some reason I'm missing the Mesh Editor... This is a older version of the SDK that I've had on my PC since the beginning of the year or so. When I tried to install the newest version of the SDK again I got a empty Gray box that appeared and then did nothing at all... It caused all kinds of multi-colored lines to appear on my desktop and I had to change the screen resolution in order to fix the desktop and remove the lines it caused.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012 11:34 PM by JamesProctor.)
07-31-2012 11:30 PM
JamesProctor Offline

Ok I really have no idea what's going on with this... Would there be any logs or anything for the SDK Installer that I could look at? It just comes up with a blank gray box and then goes no where at all... Looks like I may have wasted my $5 on the MMO Source code if I can't even get the updater or the installer to work!
08-01-2012 12:48 AM
JamesProctor Offline

Ok well I was able to comment out those 2 lines and was able to build it. I can use it for now like this because I have plenty I can do but I'm unable to equip weapons because of one of the lines I commented out. So I would really like to get this working as soon as possible!
08-01-2012 02:38 AM
JamesProctor Offline

Ok seems like maybe I'm wasting my time since no one seems to have an answer for me... But now I was planning on buying the Source code for Ineisis Lite tomorrow so I tried to download the installer for Ineisis so I could play around with it and see what it was like.

Attached is a Screenshot of what happened when I tried to run the installer. It's the same thing that happens when I try to install the SDK or run the Auto Updater...

Attached File(s) Image(s)

08-01-2012 04:03 AM
JamesProctor Offline

My Display Drivers are all up to date. That was one of the first things I checked. DirectX is up to date. I was just recently working on my own DirectX Engine so when I started that I made sure everything was up to date.

I don't have the best PC It's a low end 2008 Walmart Special with a few upgraded features. I maxed out the Ram at 3gigs since I have a 32bit system. I still have the integrated Nividia Graphics card but I was able to work with Esenthel before no problem. I don't get the best FPS but it's certainly playable. I'm really confused as to why this is happening!

Oh yes and it can't be my Display Drivers because I am able to use Ogre3D, Unity3D, HeroEngine, ect all with out issue... It's just Esenthel and it's products (Ineisis) that does this!
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 04:40 AM by JamesProctor.)
08-01-2012 04:38 AM
Mardok Offline

If drivers are correct then Your GPU is corrupted. Do you see the artifacts on your desktop?
08-01-2012 07:45 AM
JamesProctor Offline

Only right after using the installers... I can then change the screen resolution and they go away... I'm able to use the editor and I got the MMO Tutorial compiled and working great by commenting out those lines that give the error but as a result of commenting out the lines I'm unable to equip Items...

So the only part of Esenthel that isn't working is the installers...
08-01-2012 07:58 AM
Mardok Offline

I can understand artifacts and glitches in Esenthel window but on whole desktop??? I had many corrupted GPU's and theoretically working correct but some games, some parts of levels, some effects induced artifacts like Yours. Changing resolution cleans desktop but not repair GPU. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe Esenthel have some idea and solution how solve your problem. But trust me, many many people with low-end machines worked with EE without problems. What is Your GPU series GF7300? 7600? Maybe some your friend have similar GPU and allow you to test EE installer.
08-01-2012 08:47 AM
JamesProctor Offline

Here are my full system Specs:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...96841#N325

For Graphics I have:

Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150SE
Up to 256MB of system memory (with 512MB or more system memory)
Ok I decided to try and rollback to my previous Graphics Drivers and now everything is working great and ALL artifacts are gone...

Must be an issue with the latest drivers!
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 09:06 AM by JamesProctor.)
08-01-2012 08:54 AM
JamesProctor Offline

Ok now I updated everything and now I'm getting a error in the shaders:

Errpr accessing ShaderTech "Draw3DTex" in Shader "Main". Technique not found in shader.

I get this when I try to run the MMO Tutorial Server and Client.

EDIT: Ok this problem is solved... I hadn't moved the updated engine.pak to my Data directory. Once I moved it everything is working great!
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 10:47 AM by JamesProctor.)
08-01-2012 10:09 AM