About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Poll: should esenthel engine have a painted trees system like the one Unity has?
This poll is closed.
I would pay $100 dollars for such an addon! 0% 0 0%
I don't care to much for the idea 100.00% 1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Paint trees
Shatterstar Offline

Paint trees
I would like to see a paint trees on terrain system. Unity game engine has this and it works great! this game engine is better than Unity in every aspect except for that, so i hate seeing Unity have something that this game engine doesnt. you could maybe sell the addon seperately like unity does, or make an indie and pro version of your engine, or find some kind of way to make your money back for taking the time in makeing this happen. but even without this option your game engine is still more superior than the over rated udk or the over priced and slightly over rated unity game engine. please tell me what you think about making a Painted trees option on your engine.
08-03-2012 03:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
neo22 Offline

RE: Paint trees
Hi Shatterstar,
If you mean object brush, it's already possible.

In editor on object mode :
Object -> brush -> add your objects (in this case tree) and then paint on the map.
08-03-2012 03:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

What neo22 said. It's a very basic tool (no slope limiter, every object has an equal chance of being inserted, ..), but it does the job.
08-03-2012 07:52 PM
Shatterstar Offline

nice...i just downloaded esenthel today. that was something i was having trouble finding within the first 10 min of using for some reason. i realize now that i can do it. LOL. I'm trying to find the limitations to this engine. so far, i see now way of adding your own custom made mesh animations. maybe i should start a new poll for that. smile sorry i looked over something so basic. smile thanks for the replies though.
sorry for the typo...I meant to say, "no way of adding custom made mesh animations."
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 08:53 PM by Shatterstar.)
08-03-2012 08:52 PM
Zervox Offline

There is. and it isn't mesh animation it is skeleton based animation
08-03-2012 09:55 PM
Shatterstar Offline

ok, so i found out that there is a work around maybe with animating meshes that arent character models, but i still see no support for importing animated textures. not a big deal considering all of the other features that you get from this game engine. but that is what i want to see the most out of this game engine, a way to make your own animated textures, or a way to import them in from a third party. as in using blender to make the animated texture and then some kind of way to import it in.
i want to make a waterfall scene, where i could make my own water splashing up. i could do the animations in blender, no problem. but i have no idea how i could import that into esenthel. if anybody could tell me how...that would be so awesome. and does anybody know if esenthel is working on makeing that possible.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 01:37 AM by Shatterstar.)
08-04-2012 01:33 AM