About Store Forum Documentation Contact

question about the license
wARmAcH1n3 Offline

question about the license
on the devmaster side a user called dragonfly3 wrote that at the end of his preview:

Quote:The prices listed here on devmaster are incorrect, though. You can try the SDK free. A personal license which includes source code is $150. The company license (which has usual restrictions as to gross income and project budget) is $1,000. Non-game (educational and company) license is $1,000. Professional license is $25,000. These are all per seat. The Ultimate license which includes an unlimited number of seats is $390,000. It's definitely well worth the money!
http://devmaster.net/devdb/engines/esent...er-reviews

is he telling the truth? these prices and conditions are much higher as in the store. the company-version of the esenthel engine costs 500$, now im not sure if i should get this engine, he shouldn't tell such things if it isnt true.

and what is there a Professional Licence?

as i read the store correctly, i can download the essenthel engine for free, develop on it a game with a mate with this free version, and if the game is finished, i get a company license for 500$ and can publish this one comercial indie-game.

i dont have to pay to the essenthel-creators anymore, undepending how many times the finished game is bought. And if i want to create a second game, i need an other company license. Did i understand it right?
08-03-2012 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: question about the license
(08-03-2012 07:53 PM)wARmAcH1n3 Wrote:  on the devmaster side a user called dragonfly3 wrote that at the end of his preview:

is he telling the truth? these prices and conditions are much higher as in the store. the company-version of the esenthel engine costs 500$, now im not sure if i should get this engine, he shouldn't tell such things if it isnt true.

She* smile

The prices were correct at the time. Since then, the prices have been updated a couple of times, and now: There's a store where you can buy whatever you need (license, source, ..).

(08-03-2012 07:53 PM)wARmAcH1n3 Wrote:  as i read the store correctly, i can download the essenthel engine for free, develop on it a game with a mate with this free version, and if the game is finished, i get a company license for 500$ and can publish this one comercial indie-game.

Correct, however, you can just get a personal license (99 USD) instead, which allows you to release 1 commercial game.

You would have to buy another license if you wish to release a second commercial game.
08-03-2012 08:02 PM
wARmAcH1n3 Offline

thx for the info, i will tryout the engine

(08-03-2012 08:02 PM)Tottel Wrote:  Correct, however, you can just get a personal license (99 USD) instead, which allows you to release 1 commercial game.

but if more people as one works on the game, then it have to be a company license?
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 08:43 PM by wARmAcH1n3.)
08-03-2012 08:42 PM
Tottel Offline

No, you can use a personal license instead.

The difference is that you have to get the company license if you're developing in a company.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 09:52 PM by Tottel.)
08-03-2012 09:52 PM