About Store Forum Documentation Contact

How to Teleport
Shatterstar Offline

How to Teleport
I have noticed some people on here were having problems with teleporting into one world space and into another.

I have found out that if you follow the tutorial and then add another character obj into the other world space, the character will then teleport to the location of where you placed the character obj.

but if you have inventory and clothes, you will have to do more advanced programming to transfer all of that information over into the other character obj.

I'm not that far along yet, so if anybody would like to share their knowledge of how that can be accomplished, then that would be great. If i figure it out, I will share it with the community.
09-01-2012 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
laugan Offline

RE: How to Teleport
why do you need so complicated things as creating new character?) You can just use Player.pos(Vec(NEW_POS));

but you can face an error like Memc: out of range (i don't really remember but it is like that), it is because camera stays at old position and new position is far away. So first - move and update camera, second - your player.
09-03-2012 05:17 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Memc: out of range
possibly related to trying to access Players[0] when Players container is empty, simply do if(Players.elms())Players[0]..
09-03-2012 02:12 PM
Shatterstar Offline

thank you for the help. smile
I will post screenshots of the game after I get more finished.
09-03-2012 11:15 PM