About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel Editor 2.0
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Esenthel Editor 2.0
Could you provide more info about the issue?
I don't really understand what you mean.
Could you attach sample texture, describe what's the problem, how it looks now, and how you'd like it to look like?

Edit: I think I got it, you want to paint white material on top of existing floor? and prevent materials to be blended?
01-14-2013 03:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rollcage Offline

Ill try explain better. The white texture is just to help describe. Just want to be able to prevent materials from blending. So if you paint two textures next to each other they won't blend, so the borders will look straight.

It would give the effect like so.
https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&s...oVZik#i=26
01-14-2013 10:07 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi

When I find the time I'll check if I can do something about it
In the meantime you can either insert separate object as floor tiles slightly above the ground
Or just import a pre made mesh for the whole level and set its access mode to terrain / embed
01-18-2013 12:01 PM
Rollcage Offline

Thanks for that I understand your busy. Even an option in code you can set to choose blending amount and turn off blending would work. Thanks for the suggestions although I'll be trying to get this working in the Ineisis demo that doesn't use WE, so accessing via code would probably be the answer

Cheers
01-19-2013 12:59 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

If you want to do it through code, then why not try just manually create a mesh?
set vertexes/faces

EsenthelEngineSDK\Tutorials\Source\Advanced\3 - Mesh, Shaders\Mesh\Dynamic Mesh.cpp

If it's just floor with square tiles, then the codes would be very simple
01-19-2013 02:00 PM
Rollcage Offline

Hi, i thought it would be something simple like this. As long as i can set blending this should be perfect. I'll see if I can get this working with terrain like in Ineisis

Cheers
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 02:26 AM by Rollcage.)
01-19-2013 11:21 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

@Everyone: Please try latest version of EE 2.0 (if you don't have a license, you can now download the free demo version) and please let me know if you found any issues with it.
Mac+iOS will be available soon.
01-28-2013 03:56 PM
yvanvds Offline

First of all: congratulations! It's quite an achievement.

Should we report bugs here, or in the normal forum? Anyway, while testing some of the tutorials i found that the ones in 14 - Game Basics, more specific world, world with character, day night cylce and dynamically created objects won't start. There might be more but these are the ones i tried. Has something to do with an absolute path in the world loading, i think. Message is:

Can't load "D:\Esenthel2.0\Projects\54....

My installation is at C:\Esenthel2.0, not in D:\

A minor mistake, ofcourse. I'm gonna try importing some bigger projects later tonight.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 04:44 PM by yvanvds.)
01-28-2013 04:44 PM
krokodilcapa Offline

Is there a full description about what are the limitations in the demo version of EE 2.0?
01-28-2013 04:45 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(01-28-2013 04:44 PM)yvanvds Wrote:  First of all: congratulations! It's quite an achievement.

Should we report bugs here, or in the normal forum? Anyway, while testing some of the tutorials i found that the ones in 14 - Game Basics, more specific world, world with character, day night cylce and dynamically created objects won't start. There might be more but these are the ones i tried. Has something to do with an absolute path in the world loading, i think. Message is:

Can't load "D:\Esenthel2.0\Projects\54....

My installation is at C:\Esenthel2.0, not in D:\

A minor mistake, ofcourse. I'm gonna try importing some bigger projects later tonight.
Thanks for so quick catching a bug smile
I've fixed it, it should be ok now, please re-download the package.
Please let me know if you find anything else not working.

(01-28-2013 04:45 PM)krokodilcapa Wrote:  Is there a full description about what are the limitations in the demo version of EE 2.0?
There is a limit to the number of elements in a project.
Every 10 minutes you're asked to buy the license.
You can't use auto-publishing (only develop/play apps on your local computer)

(01-28-2013 04:53 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  Does this update the core engine libs (and headers, etc) as well?
This does have the same libs+headers but doesn't copy them to Visual Studio folders like 1.0 does.
I'm uploading latest 1.0 SDK too, it should be available in a few moments.
01-28-2013 06:13 PM
yvanvds Offline

I just tried to import my own 1.0 project (2gb of files...). Meshes and such are all good, but I cannot find my game world anywhere. Doesn't that get imported? Edit: ah, i realize that i imported from the 'stripped' version which doesn't include the edit files of the world. I guess that is the problem.

Also some textfiles i had in the old version are missing from the new one. I guess the importer doesn't know what to do with them, but since reading text files, especially with key/value pairs is so easy with EE, it would be nice if they could be included. (I see xml files cannot be added either. At least one of those should be very handy to have because it allows you to read additional info into your program.)

Last thing: if you right click on a file, what is 'explore' supposed to do? It doesn't do anything right now.

regards,

yvan
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 11:10 PM by yvanvds.)
01-28-2013 11:04 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks for more feedback

Yeah you need to have edit version of the world to import them.

You can import any kind of file using this way :
New raw file
Reload
Select file path

Explore will open folder for the source file from which the element was imported
Or for apps it will open the build path
01-29-2013 12:04 AM
Pherael Offline

In Esenthel 2.0 I add VE 2012 by auto-detect (and it found it), but when I try to start tutorial, the information of invalid path appeared. When I tried it with 2008 version, everything went smooth. (I have the latest Esenthel, I downloaded it few minutes ago).

//edit: Also, when I added path manual (2012 version), the same info show up (invalid path or version).
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 09:02 PM by Pherael.)
01-29-2013 07:49 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

can you tell me what exactly version of Visual Studio 2012 do you have?
Is it:
Ultimate, Premium, Professional, ..
Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8
Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop
01-29-2013 10:29 PM
Pherael Offline

Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8
01-30-2013 12:33 PM