About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel Editor 2.0
Tottel Offline

RE: Esenthel Editor 2.0
I've been writing down some suggestions while working with 2.0; figured it's about time I post about them. smile

1. Rename/remove (on resources) are too close together (Yes, I have accidentally hit 'remove' before). And a shortcut for rename (like F2) wouldn't hurt either.

2. It would be nice if the folder structure itself was more clear, using hierarchical lines ( http://jguard.sourceforge.net/mvnsite/do...ucture.png )

3. The resource window should be resizeable, or at the very least provide a horizontal scrollbar.

4. An easier way to reimport (an updated version of) an already imported resource. (e.g. drag a .fbx fill in with the same name in the same folder will overwrite the current file and update where it is used (materials, ..)).

5. Ability to disable snap to heightmap for objects when you move them (just like in 1.0).

For the rest, I really like working with 2.0. The resource management makes it such a breeze. smile
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 03:47 PM by Tottel.)
03-14-2013 03:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback smile

Just some notes in case you've missed them:
4) You can do either "Reload" on an element, or double click it to open and then drag fbx file on the viewport and select "import and replace object", or drag and drop the file on project view directly on the existing object and again "import and replace object"

5) Once you activate Object mode, on the left side there are options "Ground" and "Grid", disable first one and it will disable aligning to ground
03-14-2013 04:08 PM
Tottel Offline

Ah, thanks!

Very good to know, somehow, I didn't think anything behind "reload". grin
03-14-2013 04:15 PM
gdalex Offline

A "copy" feature would be nice on the ressource, next to the rename/remove ones smile

+1 for the horizontal scroll bar !
03-14-2013 05:11 PM
gwald Offline

Horizontal scroll bar isn't really need as the full name is displayed in the title bar.
I thought the same when first using v2 with the tuts, but it's not really needed, just my 2 cents.

All in all your v2 editor is very good smile
Just some feedback with issues i've come across so far:

1. When debugging and clicking on the error on the output, it takes you to that file and line.
But the current file stays red (selected), I wrote in a hearder file by mistake thinking I was in the selected file.
Maybe deselect (remove the red) when traversing?

2. Search project includes the ethenel library headers.
This is a pain, because I just want it to search my project files.
I know open file would do the same thing if I opened all files, but that's a pain to do every time.
Maybe add another button Current Project and rename Project to project & libs?

3. In code editor, how do I close a file once opened? ie lib header
Maybe this can be done within the openfile list (v1 alt 3)?

4. clean/clean all should have output cleared & confirmations pfft

5. the Tash can is very close to the top right of the code area, i've clicked the trash button by mistake a few times.

6.with a single application project, do a search for object then click the build app and it says "No application select or invalid name"

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 11:03 PM by gwald.)
03-14-2013 10:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

In my opinion, you need to eventually add a particle editor inside 2.0.
03-15-2013 10:58 PM
Kevin Offline

I just noticed, that "adding desctructibles to ee 2.0" is not mentioned on the roadmap. Are you planning to add a feature for editing desctructibles in the model editor like in 1.0?
03-15-2013 11:40 PM
nomax5 Offline

Relocate to California !! are you crazy?

The place is geologically unstable full of crazy people who have guns purchased for the sole purpose of shooting other people who might be trying to shoot them.

So unless you fancy being down at the bottom of a fissure knee deep in Lava with some scary drug dealing mugger pointing his 9mm at you saying "Give me the wallet bitch" I'd come to England mate !!

I'm serious England is the best place in the world for you, Start a small business build it up No investors telling how to they want their engine to work.

There are Polish shops on just about every street in Britain now.

Roy.

In fact send me a PM and I'll clear the spare bedroom out and you can stay here for a while help me get my head around this engine you've built lol.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 11:26 AM by nomax5.)
03-16-2013 11:17 AM
UntamedChaos Offline

As an addition to Tottels folder sugestion, color coding folders would be noce I think, after a while when you are tinkering with models, materials and textures you end up having quite many folder open, being able to distinguish that red folders are models and blue are materials for eg. would be quite handy I believe smile
03-16-2013 02:51 PM
Rubeus Offline

(03-16-2013 11:17 AM)nomax5 Wrote:  Relocate to California !! are you crazy?

The place is geologically unstable full of crazy people who have guns purchased for the sole purpose of shooting other people who might be trying to shoot them.

So unless you fancy being down at the bottom of a fissure knee deep in Lava with some scary drug dealing mugger pointing his 9mm at you saying "Give me the wallet bitch" I'd come to England mate !!

I'm serious England is the best place in the world for you, Start a small business build it up No investors telling how to they want their engine to work.

There are Polish shops on just about every street in Britain now.

Roy.

In fact send me a PM and I'll clear the spare bedroom out and you can stay here for a while help me get my head around this engine you've built lol.

Which California are you talking about? You are right about being an unstable area and being full of crazy people, but you are completely wrong about the guns. They have some of the strictest gun laws in the US. Not to mention, having more guns creates a more polite, crime-free society(note how US cities where guns are banned have a MUCH higher crime rate than ones where guns are allowed-IE Chicago).
You also are not taking into consideration that in England, taxes and cost of living are both ~30% higher than the US averages.
03-16-2013 03:03 PM
gwald Offline

I just found the code file close button!!! grin grin grin
Many thanks Esenthel smile
*it'll be our secret wink

I'm sure everybody knows, where it is, I must be really slow

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 04:18 AM by gwald.)
03-17-2013 04:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
candam Offline

(03-17-2013 04:16 AM)gwald Wrote:  I just found the code file close button!!! grin grin grin
Many thanks Esenthel smile
*it'll be our secret wink

I'm sure everybody knows, where it is, I must be really slow

grin

Ha you're not the only one I was a little bit late just like grin

We just need time but I'm starting to get addicted to the editor wink
03-17-2013 11:50 PM
gdalex Offline

Esenthel, I have a question about one of your new feature :

Quote:-object parameters now support sub-objects (to add a sub-object simply drag and drop a project element object onto the parameter window, however not on a existing parameter which would set parameter value to that element, but on an empty space)

Is there a way to display the sub object with the parent object in the corresponding editor ?
Currently, adding a sub-object display a new line in the param list, but doesn't modify the object render.
As far as the new param has no name, is it possible to get it in the code ?
03-18-2013 10:35 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,
Sub objects are not meant to be drawn in the editor.
You can access them from code via sub_objs member
ERPG2 has that in the codes
03-18-2013 10:39 AM
candam Offline

I wish you Greg to check my private message grin I hope so I know you're busy
03-18-2013 12:30 PM