About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel Editor 2.0
gdalex Offline

RE: Esenthel Editor 2.0
About a particle editor, I don't know if you know this one (under Ogre3D) : http://www.fxpression.com/
Full of excellent ideas. Maybe you could be inspired by their work, or even interface it with EE smile
03-18-2013 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdalex Offline

A few additionnal things:

1/ With the last version of the editor when I drag and drop a water materiel in the Water/river/lake editor nothing happens. Can somebody test it too ?

2/ Particle system: would it be possible to add a boolean parameter to select billboard mode or not.
I would like to create a spell effect that draws circle on the ground, yet the current billboard mode isn't compatible with the perspective effect needed for this spell smile
Allowing the user to select billboard / X-Y-Z align modes would be awesome.
03-18-2013 09:57 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1) I've just tested this and it works fine, are you dragging to global water slot (used for new waters), or to the existing water properties?
03-18-2013 10:14 PM
gdalex Offline

Ow... I saw on the screenshot you posted about the lines on the code editor that there's a specific material object for water. I'm sorry, forget my 1/, and focus on the 2/ pfft

:angel:
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 11:04 PM by gdalex.)
03-18-2013 11:04 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(03-14-2013 03:45 PM)Tottel Wrote:  or at the very least provide a horizontal scrollbar.
Your wish has been granted for next release wink
03-19-2013 01:39 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(03-14-2013 10:22 PM)gwald Wrote:  1. When debugging and clicking on the error on the output, it takes you to that file and line.
But the current file stays red (selected), I wrote in a hearder file by mistake thinking I was in the selected file.
Maybe deselect (remove the red) when traversing?
Hello, the red highlight should work ok - always highlight currently opened element, if for some reason it's not working properly, please provide steps to reproduce the issue.

Quote:2. Search project includes the ethenel library headers.
This is a pain, because I just want it to search my project files.
I know open file would do the same thing if I opened all files, but that's a pain to do every time.
Maybe add another button Current Project and rename Project to project & libs?
next release will feature this change:
redesigned Code Editor Find scope options from "Current File/Opened Files/Project" into "Current File/Active Application/Engine"
03-19-2013 02:54 PM
Tottel Offline

Thanks a lot Esenthel! grin

Since I don't want to post a useless post in this suggestion thread, I'll just post 2 more suggestions as well. pfft

- It would be nice if you could export (open) the generated mini map in a common file format. it's no real must, it would just be handy to draw on (for planning layout) in big worlds.

- If you full screen a material/water/.., the behaviour of the mouse changes. Suddenly left mouse is rotate camera, and middle mouse is close window. It would be nice if the behaviour sticked to: Middle mouse = rotate camera; right mouse = close window.
03-19-2013 02:58 PM
gwald Offline

(03-19-2013 02:54 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  2. Search project includes the ethenel library headers.
This is a pain, because I just want it to search my project files.
I know open file would do the same thing if I opened all files, but that's a pain to do every time.
Maybe add another button Current Project and rename Project to project & libs?

next release will feature this change:
redesigned Code Editor Find scope options from "Current File/Opened Files/Project" into "Current File/Active Application/Engine"

Many thanks!
That's awesome and will help useability smile

@gdalex http://www.fxpression.com/
Looks pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
03-20-2013 05:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gwald Offline

Also, I've noticed the editor font (not the code font, ie in the search box) has little character spacing.

It's really confusing when putting the letter r next to n it looks like the letter m

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 06:52 AM by gwald.)
03-20-2013 06:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gian-Reto Offline

Hi Esenthel

Any news if we get Editor partial sources for 2.0 as we got with Editor 1.0? I'm depending quite heavy on it, without source code I wont be able to create my automatic texturizer and asset placer, without which my large worlds become unmanagable to create.

I assume I could alway use the latest 1.0 Editor with my custom code to create the level, and then open the world in 2.0 for the finishing touches by hand, right?

If you haven't decided yet, please reconsider if you could make the partial sources available. Its a critical feature of many engines out there, missing it would be a mistake if you ask me. There should be enough people like me that need it and would pay something in order to get it (again in my case, but for me its worth it)

Regards

Gian-Reto
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 04:20 PM by Gian-Reto.)
03-23-2013 11:31 AM
fuzzylr Offline

Esenthel did you take the old editor down?

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
Project V. Studios | Game Dev
04-07-2013 07:50 AM