About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Issues with android
Rollcage Offline

Issues with android
Im having trouble compiling for android. Everything runs but the screen closes quickly and the app errors are cant load "obj/human/base.obj" additional path "obj/human/building" the data.Pak is added in the code project and appears in the asset folder. Im just not sure why its coming up with the error when it runs fine on the pc.

I have paks.add("data.pak")
10-07-2012 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmontiel Offline

RE: Issues with android
I'm still using .jet extensión.

Android compress any file except this list:

".jpg", ".jpeg", ".png", ".gif",
".wav", ".mp2", ".mp3", ".ogg", ".aac",
".mpg", ".mpeg", ".mid", ".midi", ".smf", ".jet",
".rtttl", ".imy", ".xmf", ".mp4", ".m4a",
".m4v", ".3gp", ".3gpp", ".3g2", ".3gpp2",
".amr", ".awb", ".wma", ".wmv"

http://ponystyle.com/blog/2010/03/26/dea...roid-apps/

After create data.pak with converter tool, I add .jet extensión, so the final name is Data.pak.jet and it isn't compressed by Android and Esenthel engine can read it. [Paks.add("Data.pak.jet")]

Carefull with uppercases , it's data.pak or Data.pak ?

And one more thing, are you compiling for android with code editor or eclipse?

IRC: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 07:13 PM by cmontiel.)
10-07-2012 07:10 PM
Rollcage Offline

Im using the code editor. I have compiled and run it before and it has worked. Im thinking i have added an object snd its having trouble. Or maybe its loading the data.pak but can't read it. It's Data.pak

Edit: still no progress on this which is pretty annoying because it has worked before. It keeps saying
"can't load Obj/building/base.obj"
"additional path Obj/building/human"

On a side not every time I compile for android I have to compile for desktop first or it gives the error:
"rm failed for /data/local/tmp/RTS-debug.apk. no such file or directory"
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 12:43 PM by Rollcage.)
10-08-2012 08:46 AM
cmontiel Offline

I do not use code editor, sorry.

Have you set the data path ?

DataPath("Data");

IRC: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #Esenthel
10-08-2012 01:20 PM
Rollcage Offline

setting data path doesn't seem to do anything. I've unzipped the .apk and the data.pak is in there. Removing some of the objects in the the data.pak just brings up new resource errors.
Giving up for tonight, have wasted enough time on something so simple. Will try again tomorrow.

Cheers for the help.

EDIT: Maybe I should try using Eclipse but I'm not sure much would change. What version of JDK and NDK is required for Esenthel? I can run the example android code editor project fine and I have run my project before with no problems. It seems to load the data.pak but can't find any of the resources inside it when on android.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012 11:57 PM by Rollcage.)
10-08-2012 02:54 PM
Rollcage Offline

The way I'm creating the data.pak is by selecting all the folders inside the data folder and dragging onto the converter tool. I then include the data.pak in the code editor project like is shown in the example.
I'm not setting a datapath and I'm accessing resources like "Obj/human/...."
i use paks.add("Data.pak")
10-09-2012 03:47 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

using PAK is the good choice for Android (with PAK's case sensitivity does not matter), maybe your files just have bad references to each other?
"obj/human/base.obj", additional path "obj/human/building"
could you try to load that resource manually before other codes, in Init?
Is that data based on Esenthel RTS?
Does Esenthel RTS work ok without any modifications?
You can always manually iterate through all PAK files to verify that you have the resources in the pak.
10-09-2012 01:07 PM
Rollcage Offline

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it out tomorrow. The code and references run fine on pc but are having trouble on android. Yea it's based on Esenthel RTS and I have got that working fine unmodified
10-09-2012 02:00 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Also are you using latest EE Android SDK? lately there were some changes to .obj format in Windows+Android SDK's, Windows generates obj's with newer format, and you should have latest Android SDK to support that format.
10-09-2012 02:05 PM
Rollcage Offline

That could be the issue smile I just did a quick test and removed all .obj's and I can get it to run. I remember updating EE but not the Android SDK. I'll update and should be able to fix this tomorrow. Then hopefully can show you all the Tower Defence I've been working on based on Esenthel RTS
OK, I can get it to load now however when starting the first mission.. The app freezes. Attached is a screen of the logcat directly after. Googling the error people talk about not running intensive code in seperate threads and the app forgetting to respond to android to say its still running. I'll look into it but I don't think im running anything very intensive and the world is only 1 area with not much on it. I know the code runs to the end of InitGame() atleast because it plays a sound.

http://postimage.org/image/yjqhi72mv/full/
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 03:01 PM by Rollcage.)
10-09-2012 02:10 PM