About Store Forum Documentation Contact

EnvironmentOptions dont exist anymore
neo22 Offline

EnvironmentOptions dont exist anymore
Hi

I can't use Edit::EnvironmentOptions since the last update and it's not in the nameChanges.
Any Changes about that or is it just me?

Thanks.
10-18-2012 06:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: EnvironmentOptions dont exist anymore
I've removed it from the engine because it's editor 1.0 related (and available in the partial 1.0 sources as EnvironmentOptions)

You can get the source of EnvironmentOptions from the archive below if it will help you.

Attached File(s)
.rar  Src.rar (Size: 6.54 KB / Downloads: 54)
10-18-2012 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

No, this is related to 1.0 only.
2.0 will have separate(different) environment options editor, file format and loader classes.
10-18-2012 09:23 PM
neo22 Offline

Ok. problem solved. Thanks a lot smile
10-18-2012 09:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harton Offline

Can I add new options to environment options in partial editor 1.0? How can I add it?
12-16-2012 11:35 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

You can't make new options directly in the existing environment options controls/files, but you can always create new gui window and save its data to separate files.
12-22-2012 03:24 PM
Harton Offline

Ok, I understand. Thanks!
12-22-2012 06:16 PM
uNetti Offline

Hi, I am working with porting some code that uses EnvironmentOptions, how exactly do I re-implement this or use newer functionality from the SDK 22?

I assume it has something to do with Game::WorldSettings::EnvironmentPtr, but still trying to figure out the details.
03-13-2013 08:49 PM
gwald Offline

what have you tried?
Edit: weren't you a "Licensed Developer"?

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 10:03 AM by gwald.)
03-14-2013 08:53 AM
Rubeus Offline

(03-14-2013 11:56 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  You can create environment options by right clicking on project and selecting new environment.

uNetti, it this what you need?
03-14-2013 01:46 PM
uNetti Offline

(03-14-2013 08:53 AM)gwald Wrote:  what have you tried?
Yeah, I got hit by the nerf bat, that is what you get from being bad.

I should get it again, once I need it/get what I requested.

Was a bit frustrated with a few things that I most likely misunderstood I am not good at reading between lines, so I read the license said 1 per seat, not 1 per PC, what is the point if it running in demo mode all the time, each time I switch between laptop/pc?

That and a few other things like reading information on the webpage that was not yet included, I take too much stuff for granted unfortunately, so when I read something and its not there I get frustrated.

(03-14-2013 01:46 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  
(03-14-2013 11:56 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  You can create environment options by right clicking on project and selecting new environment.

uNetti, it this what you need?

Well, I am helping EthanC with this code, that uses the old EnvironmentOptions, and loading them from .txt files.

Soo it took me a second to figure out the changes and what has happened, it looks like the old EnvironmentOptions was taking the Environment from .txt files, the new EE::Environment, can only load from binary files. So kinda wondering right now whut exactly to do, since there is no EE2 project and I am not exactly sure yet, how to put the project into EE2, also I just started with Esenthel, so I don't even have the old SDK to load them into a esproj that the EE2 could "import".

Unfortunately when you download EE1, it includes the new SDK.
03-14-2013 04:18 PM
uNetti Offline

Looks like I found somewhat of a way to "re-implement" the environment, but since I can't load from text file, it will take some time...

Code:
// set environment
Sky.atmospheric();
Sun.image=L"Gfx/Sky/sun.gfx";   Water.colorMap(ImagePtr(L"Water/0.gfx")).normalMap(ImagePtr(L"Water/0.n.gfx")).reflectionMap(ImagePtr(L"Water/reflection.gfx"));
Clouds.layered.set(1, Images(L"Clouds/Layers/0.gfx"));
Clouds.layered.set(2, Images(L"Clouds/Layers/0.gfx"));
Clouds.layered.set(3, Images(L"Clouds/Layers/0.gfx"));

Guess I will take a look at EnvironmentOptions::loadTxt(C Str &name), and see if I can update it to current code.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 05:43 PM by uNetti.)
03-14-2013 05:27 PM
gwald Offline

(03-14-2013 04:18 PM)uNetti Wrote:  
(03-14-2013 08:53 AM)gwald Wrote:  what have you tried?
Yeah, I got hit by the nerf bat, that is what you get from being bad.

I should get it again, once I need it/get what I requested.

Was a bit frustrated with a few things that I most likely misunderstood I am not good at reading between lines, so I read the license said 1 per seat, not 1 per PC, what is the point if it running in demo mode all the time, each time I switch between laptop/pc?

That and a few other things like reading information on the webpage that was not yet included, I take too much stuff for granted unfortunately, so when I read something and its not there I get frustrated.

Wow buddy!

You should have searched the forums for license and read this:
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...ht=license

Esenthel for the price over deliveries on most things.
Unfortunately, it doesn't make it easy for noobies (documentation could be better).

Everything on you're 'wish' list was doable.. doable by you.
But you're an old school coder, you shouldn't have problem with that?

Mate, I think you'll need a license if you're helping EthanC??

Anyway sending you cheer smile hang in there pfft

read my blog, it might help you

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 10:40 PM by gwald.)
03-14-2013 10:31 PM
fatcoder Offline

(03-14-2013 04:18 PM)uNetti Wrote:  so I read the license said 1 per seat, not 1 per PC, what is the point if it running in demo mode all the time, each time I switch between laptop/pc?

I had the same problem when I tried using v2 for a bit between my pc and laptop. Would be good if the editor automatically changed the machine code for you when changing computer so you don't have to log into the website each time.

The always connected to the internet thing is a deal breaker for me. I travel a lot and often have no internet for periods of time. If I was using v2, then it would mean I would have to work in demo mode. Would be good if it let you run offline.
03-15-2013 02:36 AM
uNetti Offline

I understand the reasoning to protect ones software, but there is several apps used by even larger amount of users like macrogoblin.com, to take an example of a software similar to Esenthel in distribution, it allows you to use 3-4 computers, and only checks once per week/14 days.
03-15-2013 07:28 PM