Windows 8
Rubeus Offline

RE: Windows 8
Keep in mind that in the day, AOL made ridiculous amounts of money. wink
07-02-2013 11:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rstralberg Offline

Press the Windows key and all looks as it did in Win7 and works mostly the same.
If you are missing the program menu this will fix that for you. http://www.reviversoft.com/start-menu-reviver/

Cant understand why people just talk about the front screen when you don't have to use it. Win8 works just fine and boots faster.

My Blog is at http://mrstralberg.blogspot.se.
Chat account Skype (rstralberg)
07-03-2013 12:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scarlet Thread Offline

(07-03-2013 12:22 AM)rstralberg Wrote:  Press the Windows key and all looks as it did in Win7 and works mostly the same.
If you are missing the program menu this will fix that for you. http://www.reviversoft.com/start-menu-reviver/

Cant understand why people just talk about the front screen when you don't have to use it. Win8 works just fine and boots faster.

Indeed... It's a case of the world being afraid of change... as usual.
07-03-2013 01:49 AM
Rubeus Offline

Remember when everyone hated Vista? 7 came out, and it was amazing!

....except it was the same OS with a few cosmetic changes. Scarlet is right on.
07-03-2013 02:11 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(07-03-2013 02:11 AM)Rubeus Wrote:  Remember when everyone hated Vista? 7 came out, and it was amazing!

....except it was the same OS with a few cosmetic changes. Scarlet is right on.

Yup.. Just like with Win8 I jumped on the vista boat straight away. The biggest complaint was the popups trying to stop n00bs from breaking their computers.. no one even thought of disabling them if they were too annoying.

Only problem I had with Vista was networking with XP computers (LAN parties) was a bit of a pain but networking with other Vista or 7 machines was easier than it ever was.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 02:41 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
07-03-2013 02:40 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I'm looking forward to try Win 8, especially with the touchscreen experience.
However I won't forgive the removal of Aero Glass effect smile
07-03-2013 11:26 AM
Rubeus Offline

(07-03-2013 11:26 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  I'm looking forward to try Win 8, especially with the touchscreen experience.

Right on. At one point way back, I would disable all that for best possible performance. Now, I like my eye candy. The 8 desktop is very.... bland.
07-03-2013 05:20 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(07-03-2013 11:26 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  I'm looking forward to try Win 8, especially with the touchscreen experience.

I want to have 1 touch screen and 3 normal screens so I can have the touch screen for doing the win8 panel etc and the other 3 for dev stuff. The problem I find is that I can't find any touchscreens that don't have a computer in them (like a mac :( ) I just want a stand alone touchscreen.
07-04-2013 12:26 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've used win8 for some time, and love it.
Today Win8.1 came out, downloading it now smile

Edit:
Since installing it I've had 2 issues:
-message "secure boot is not configured properly" was displayed on the desktop - go to bios settings, end enable secure boot option over there to fix it
-many apps get upscaled resulting in blurry text, right click on app file, select properties/compatibility/disable dpi scaling

I'll add for EE to automatically workaround the upscaling issue for next release.
10-18-2013 12:36 AM