About Store Forum Documentation Contact

How big can a game world be?
MutantLizard Offline

How big can a game world be?
I'm looking to create a seamless environment in my project, one of big size. Is this possible in an MMORPG, using this engine? I've seen Ineisis Online do this but it doesn't seem to be able to be as big as I am looking for. Loading screens aren't really on the list of things I want haha :/

(I.e Skyrim size area)
11-09-2012 04:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmontiel Offline

RE: How big can a game world be?

IRC: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #Esenthel
11-09-2012 05:33 AM
Shatterstar Offline

this engine can do a skyrim sized world. the size of the world will depend on how much size is on your hard drive. so if you had a 500 gb size harddrive and you had 400 gb's left and you wanted to build a world that took up 400 gb's, you could do it. not sure why anybody would want to make a world that big....lol. but you could. so if you had an unlimited amount of gb's on your harddrive and a god like fast processor that operated at the speed of light, you could easily re-create earth, every single inch of it. smile but in all seriousness....yeah...with a good 500 dollar, mid-grade computer, you can make a skyrim sized world. (love skyrim, by the way. elder scrolls are the greatest games on earth.)
if you stream it...its how much internet cloud space you bought.
some game engines will allow you to store your game somewhere else other than your harddrive, along with the capablites of publishing it like that. im not sure if you can do that in esenthel. probably not because the engines that has you store your game files somewhere on the internet will not allow you to store your game on harddrive and build an executable file for your game. i dont like making games that way. but with esenthel...its just as good as unity pro...for alot less money. plus we have a good cummunity here. someone is always in here everyday to answer just about any question imaginable.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 06:54 AM by Shatterstar.)
11-09-2012 06:39 AM
MutantLizard Offline

Lol wow! I was expecting some sort of limit! I'm not looking to recreate earth or anything that grand ^_^ but its nice to hear I basically have no limit to the size. A skyrim sized world will work just fine for me lol thanks for the help!

Yeah I've been toying around with the engine for a few days now and I'm starting to like it alot. I've been considering licensing the engine but I just didn't know how stable it was and what capabilities it had in the way of MMORPGs (I hear alot about single player rpgs).
11-09-2012 04:24 PM
MutantLizard Offline

World creation is a long ways away right now anyway lol. A prototype would be the first step for my project id say. Then once it is stable, build the world around it. Gameplay is first in my book. It was just wondering if it was possible with this engine hehe smile seems so...
11-09-2012 09:43 PM
dylantan Offline

i have a strange question about game world. I find that while ours are limited in size, for some reason, the world map are huge in size. I am wondering if anyone have optimize the world map in EE before.
11-14-2012 03:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

file size depends on heightmap resolution, amount of physical body types (physx/universal/bullet) for heightmaps, path mesh resolution, etc.
11-20-2012 10:21 AM