About Store Forum Documentation Contact

multiple question
selio Offline

multiple question
Hello, I am a French user of Esenthel and I found this perfect software! But I have a few questions more important moin or a ask and I do not have one, I'll ask the kind with figure 1), 2) etc ... so please answer me the same way! (sorry for my bad english!)

1) Can I create a patch myself French translation for esenthel? If so how?

2) Can I create myself (solo) with a video game without buying a license esenthel / source? If so can I share it for free download after? (free to play / play for free)

3) I have heard of the "script esenthel" What is it? I would like to set the C + + code in the editor to bring a game interface, points lives, a mana bar and everything in C + + is that possible?

4) What level and to have C + +? and I am obliged to learn "Esenthel script"?

5) I use google sketchup 8 I can not import a file format. Esenthel dae in what?

1) Puis-je moi même créer un patch de traduction français pour esenthel ? Si oui comment ?

2) Puis-je créer moi même (en solo) un jeu video avec esenthel sans acheter de license / source ? Si oui puis-je le partager en telechargement gratuitement après ? (free to play / play for free)

3) j'ai entendu parler du "esenthel script" qu'est-ce que c'est ? Je voudrais programmer le C++ dans le code editor pour mettre une interface de jeu, des points de vies, une barre de mana et tout ça en C++ est-ce possible ?

4) Quel et le niveau à avoir en C++ ? et suis-je obliger d'apprendre le "Esenthel script" ?

5) J'utilise google sketchup 8 je n'arrive pas a importer des fichiers au format .dae dans esenthel que faire ?
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 07:16 PM by selio.)
11-09-2012 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: multiple question
1) You can do the translation, but Esenthel would have to make it a part of the editor. See: http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...t=language

2) Yes. As long as you aren't making your game as a commercial product, go ahead and use the free version. You can get the idea of the licenses by going to the store and clicking on each item.

3) Esenthel script is a C++ like scripting language that you can use right in the editor. You can, in fact, do everything through C++. That is my preferred method.

4) You do not need to know the Esenthel scripting language, and you need a solid understanding of C++. Esethel has some of the cleanest and easy to understand code I've ever seen(in someone else's project pfft ), so it's fairly simple to get the hang of. Check out the tutorials that all versions come with.

5) I don't know anything about the art side, so someone else can answer that one for you.
11-09-2012 10:03 PM
Tottel Offline

Welcome!

1) Why wouldn't you use it in English. It's just a couple of words, and it trains you! grin

5) For .dae, Esenthel uses an OpenCollada plugin. Try a different format, such as .3ds or .obj
11-09-2012 10:34 PM
selio Offline

(11-09-2012 10:34 PM)Tottel Wrote:  Welcome!

1) Why wouldn't you use it in English. It's just a couple of words, and it trains you! grin

5) For .dae, Esenthel uses an OpenCollada plugin. Try a different format, such as .3ds or .obj

for 1) i understand a bit english but i prefrer french ^^

and for 5) I do not use any other software that makes 3D as easy as google sketchup
(11-09-2012 10:03 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  3) Esenthel script is a C++ like scripting language that you can use right in the editor. You can, in fact, do everything through C++. That is my preferred method.

sorry i don't understand :/
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 11:15 PM by selio.)
11-09-2012 11:08 PM
Rubeus Offline

(11-09-2012 11:08 PM)selio Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 10:03 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  3) Esenthel script is a C++ like scripting language that you can use right in the editor. You can, in fact, do everything through C++. That is my preferred method.
sorry i don't understand :/

You can read about Esenthel script here: http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...ode_Editor

You can use Esenthel script in the editor, or you can use C++ in Visual Studio.
11-10-2012 12:21 AM
selio Offline

Houlalalala! I am completely lost. Suppose I create my game (and I program in C ++ and not using the esenthel script) program or I? in the code editor? or file sources: extra > Game DLL /

I do not want to use esenthel script

(ps : i use code::block for programming C++)
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 07:05 AM by selio.)
11-10-2012 07:04 AM
Rubeus Offline

You do NOT have to use Esenthel script. If you are not using Esenthel script, you do not use the code editor-you would use Code::Block or Visual Studio instead.

Esenthel uses a lot of custom paths and options, so getting the source to work in Code::Block may take some time.
11-10-2012 02:18 PM