About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Can't Animate my import character...Help!
Shatterstar Offline

Can't Animate my import character...Help!
I made my own character. imported him in esenthel using an Obj. format. I have him a skeleton and named all the bones. When I move the bones in Animation. mesh doesnt move with it. I also noticed that I can't Vertex Paint this character. What am i doing wrong? How do i Vertex Paint my imported character? how do I make the bones move the mesh? I can do all of these things to the characters that came with esenthel, but I can't do this to my own. Someone Please help me!
Nevermind...lol. i found it. set automatic skinning. sorry for my stupidity everybody.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 05:29 AM by Shatterstar.)
11-12-2012 05:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Skykill Offline

RE: Can't Animate my import character...Help!
You could also use "Vertex Paint Mode" for a better result, but you need to do all bones baking yourself.
11-12-2012 07:18 PM
thiezar Offline

Anyway you can also animate your character in your favourite 3D software and then import the animation in Esenthel Model Editor. I find this more comfortable and easy :-)
12-12-2012 12:11 PM
dylantan Offline

(12-12-2012 12:11 PM)thiezar Wrote:  Anyway you can also animate your character in your favourite 3D software and then import the animation in Esenthel Model Editor. I find this more comfortable and easy :-)

Yeah I do agreed with this as well. At here we doing the same thing as well. We uses Maya to do complex animation of the character and then export them into EE. But with Maya, there are some adjustment needed when you export them into EE
12-12-2012 03:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply