About Store Forum Documentation Contact

New here and i have questions:)
Drunkardo Offline

New here and i have questions:)
Hello guys! smile I am new here and i have some questions about that engine !

I use that Engine :

Esenthel Engine Non-Commercial License
Non-Commercial use only
Windows and Mac SDK
Can be used by schools for teaching purpose

And... i want to know , i can make a ONLINE GAME MMORPG and I CAN SELL IT FOR MONEY? I CAN PUT AUDIO IN GAME?

And :

Esenthel RPG 2 (Source Code)
Source code for a Fantasy RPG game demo
USD

What is the advantages from here if i buy that rpg2?

That RPG2 for 30USD what is "Source Code" and what i can to make with it ? I can make a online game with that "source code" and i can modify all and sell it?

And about tutorials how i can open them ... ?=/

Best regards , Drunkardo smile
12-12-2012 01:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dylantan Offline

RE: New here and i have questions:)
Welcome to the community Drunkardo.

As for your question, the Esenthel Engine Non-Commercial License is a full version engine that come with complete tools which you can use to make your own games for both non-commercial purposes and commercial ones. BUT if you intend to make commercial game with Esenthel Engine, you need to the Commercial license. So the answer is yes you can make Online MMORPG or whatever game you desire which mean you can add video, audio, graphics and many other stuffs. But if you want to sell the game for money, you need to purchase the commercial license of Esenthel. That's the term.

Esenthel RPG 2 Source Code is mean for starter single player RPG which you can use to expand your own game but I don't think it is meant for MMORPG, although conceptually it can be done but require you to understand things like client-server. Esenthel RPG 2 source code is good for you to understand how RPG system work. At least at the basic level. If you looking to make online MMORPG then the code you are looking for is called "Esenthel MMO (Source Code)", which is again a starter MMORPG Engine which you can use to expand your own game. But requires and need you to know how RPG system work and implement your own code from there.

As said, even if you purchased these source code and you managed to make a game out of it, if your Esenthel Engine is still not commercial license, you have a moral obligation to purchase a commercial license to help Esenthel to make better engine right?

I wont answer you about how to open tutorial as that's the basic of game making, you will need to figure that part out if you are serious about making games with Esenthel. Hints "Use Visual Studio".
12-12-2012 01:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gian-Reto Offline

Sorry to barge in, but I think this is important:

If you don't know what "source code" means, you're ages away from even starting with any Engine par some few (There are some very basic Engines that let you do the very simple stuff without coding), let alone Esenthel, which needs some C++ coding as soon as you want to do more than leveldesign something in the editor.

If you don't know anything about C++, best learn that first before touching this engine. You will only be disappointed else.
12-12-2012 08:15 AM
scotty1121 Offline

The world editor has a steep learning curve, but is quick, this is probably the only thing you will be able to learn if you don't know what source code is. Even then you will probably only know how to place pointers to meshes because you most likely have no idea how to model. The same could be said with making images/gui's. I think this is fruitless asking on this forum with no knowledge in the field.
12-12-2012 09:04 AM
Drunkardo Offline

The RPG2 or MMO si already done ? I can modify what i want or for what is good ...? I can make the world but i don't know how to make NPC's , Missions , Level System , Online.. , How to export the game into a .exe file to play or something like that.. ?
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 01:07 PM by Drunkardo.)
12-12-2012 01:07 PM
Zervox Offline

No, the RPG2 or MMO is in no way 'done', it is not full blown games, their usage as examples to show how the network classes or file classes in the engine can be used is their core examples, you will not be able to just take the code, make the maps and you have a fully finished Role Playing Game or an Online game. So without knowing anything about programming you will not be able to make any game of worth.

Modifying code itself is time consuming and it isn't 'easy' for someone new to programming, because you need to know atleast something about programming or the very least the tools being used to program it with.
12-12-2012 01:19 PM
Drunkardo Offline

And how i can learn that?.. I can make a full game with Free edition ?
12-12-2012 01:26 PM
Tottel Offline

12-12-2012 02:28 PM