About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Interior World Editor
Shatterstar Offline

Interior World Editor
I would like to see a new Editor Added Called Interior World Editor. It would still save the file as a World file, but the Editor would be designed specifically with dealing with Interiors. It wouldnt have the sky or terrian functions. it wouldnt have the clouds that you see in the world editor. visually it would be one color, just like the Model editor so that your main focus can be on the Interior itself. Also it would have powerful controls on the lighting of the world. how dark or how bright the world is, and some ambient color that effects the overall textures. tes4, the game engine made specifically for Oblivion is where i got this idea. Anyway, i've tried a whole lot of game engines that are out there for the indie game scene, but none of them have this yet. Esenthel could be the first. Here is an example of what I'm talking about. Tell me what you think, and if you think you will put it on the road map in the future. -Thank you.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

01-02-2013 04:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Interior World Editor
(01-02-2013 04:05 AM)Shatterstar Wrote:  I would like to see a new Editor Added Called Interior World Editor. It would still save the file as a World file, but the Editor would be designed specifically with dealing with Interiors. It wouldnt have the sky or terrian functions. it wouldnt have the clouds that you see in the world editor. visually it would be one color, just like the Model editor so that your main focus can be on the Interior itself. Also it would have powerful controls on the lighting of the world. how dark or how bright the world is, and some ambient color that effects the overall textures. tes4, the game engine made specifically for Oblivion is where i got this idea. Anyway, i've tried a whole lot of game engines that are out there for the indie game scene, but none of them have this yet. Esenthel could be the first. Here is an example of what I'm talking about. Tell me what you think, and if you think you will put it on the road map in the future. -Thank you.
I personally really don't see the point, there is also no reason why you can't create this yourself.

Also the Engine behind Oblivion is called Gamebryo, Bethesda just extended it for their own purpose.wink
01-02-2013 09:26 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

You can do that stuff in World Editor.
For example ERPG2 dungeons are also made in World Editor.
01-02-2013 02:14 PM
Shatterstar Offline

I already knew it can be done. i just liked the way Tes4 had it set up. no need to fix something thats not broke. I understand. Since i got your attention, i had another quick question. If i wanted to make my game moddable, would i have to buy a special licence for that? I would like to make my game moddable so that my game will have a modding community. If I have to buy a different licence then, which one and how much?
01-02-2013 02:30 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi

There is no need for any extra license to make your game moddable
01-15-2013 09:36 AM