About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Linux Server
Denti Offline

Linux Server
Hello,

I'm new here and I have a question
I made several research but I have not found a clear and definitive answerblushing
Is there a chance that a linux server is developped ?
It's important to me because we are a small team (3) we want to build a little mmorpg without financial ambition only to play with friends (20-25 players), we already have a dedicated server that runs on linux various games (fps) and applications go under window would cost us € 20 + VAT every month it's too much expensive for us.
We came from Realm crafter communauty, and after more than 6 years of patience we decided to switch to another engine, as esenthel.
thank you for your time and your response wink

sorry for the mistakes English is not my native language smile
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 11:52 AM by Denti.)
01-12-2013 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Skykill Offline

RE: Linux Server
Take a look at my two post here: http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...7#pid35647 Esenthel has a lot of work in the engine don't expect a port in the near future, since it isn't even on the roadmap. What you could do also, is code the server yourself, but without the help of this engine with a library like RakNet, since you want to code an MMORPG, this should not be a problem since it's nothing compared to the work needed for this type of games wink.
01-12-2013 01:11 PM
Denti Offline

RE: Linux Server
Thank for your quick answer i will have a look on wink
01-12-2013 01:14 PM