About Store Forum Documentation Contact

tutorial on how to use esenthel engine without a drag and drop builder
lilmike Offline

tutorial on how to use esenthel engine without a drag and drop builder
Hi,
I am blind, so I cannot use a drag and drop builder to make worlds, etc. I had been told that I could access the engine entirely through c++, meaning I don't need to use the drag and drop editor and can build my world entirely in code. However, I'm not sure if there are any tutorials or anything on how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to get started using esenthel without the drag and drop editor.
Thanks,
-Michael.
01-26-2013 02:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

RE: tutorial on how to use esenthel engine without a drag and drop builder
You could look at this tutorial: Advanced/4 - Demos, Game Basics/Game Basics/10 - dynamically created objects. Creating the heightmap might be more difficult, but it can be done. (Perhaps look at the inesis code.)

But euhm... no offence, but I tried to imagine why a blind person would want to create 3D software and i horribly failed. Would you care to enlighten us?

Edit: I just thought that perhaps you only need simple physics objects to detect boundaries and such. In that case the tutorials in Advanced/2 - Animation, physics, rendering/physics might be of use to you.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 11:56 PM by yvanvds.)
01-28-2013 11:36 PM
Rubeus Offline

Using a 3D engine is the easiest way to make a game that is based on 3D sound. Using Esenthel will give a lot freedom for a sound based game that a lot of other engines would make extremely difficult.
01-31-2013 04:19 PM
lilmike Offline

Hi all,
Thanks for the tips -- that should give me enough to go on with for now smile. As to the question of why me, being blind, would want to use 3d software to create a game, well it is pretty simple, as the third post says: I would like to easily create audio based games, and using a tool that has 3d audio built in to the engine would be the logical way to do this, even if I wouldn't touch the graphics. I might, also, eventually want to team up with someone on a graphic and audio game, so in that case knowing an engine would be helpful.
Thanks,
-Michael.
02-02-2013 07:06 AM
fuzzylr Offline

Hi lilmike. That sounds pretty cool. Keep up the good work and keep us updated.

Fuzzy
Student|Westwood
Project V. Studios | Game Dev
02-16-2013 12:27 AM
candam Offline

Guys have answered you And I really wish that God helps you to recover
02-16-2013 09:08 AM