About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Ineisis Online for Esenthel 2.0
uNetti Offline

RE: Ineisis Online for Esenthel 2.0
I also have problems with this, can't get this to work at all, not that I would know how?

It would be nice with a bit more clarification on how it is supposed to work.
I modified Constants:
Code:
const uint ClientServerVersion=1; // client/server version (client will fail if tries to connect to server compiled with different version)
const Str  ClientServerString ="Ineisis Unetti";

const Str ServerIP="192.168.100.45", // "X.X.X.X"       format
          PayPalID="lars@unetti.com"; // "XXXXXXXXXXXXX" format
Then I modified main from Eneisis Online main:
Code:
const Str PatcherHttpDir="www.unetti.com/ineisis/Patcher",        // this must be equal to the "Uploader" tool HTTP DIR
          PatcherName   ="GameName"; // this must be equal to the "Uploader" tool NAME

Compiled Client, Server, Online. Ran Server then Uploader with this settings:
Code:
<Config
   FtpHostName="ftp.unetti.com"
   FtpUserName="ineisis@unetti.com"
   FtpPassword="<mypassword>"
   FtpDestName="GameName"
   FtpDestFolder="Patcher"
   HttpDestFolder="www.unetti.com/ineisis/Patcher"
   SrcFolder="C:\Esenthel 2.0\Projects\_Build_\Ineisis Client"
   Installer="C:\Esenthel 2.0\Projects\_Build_\Ineisis Client\Ineisis Client.exe"
   Secure="<mykey>"
   FtpConnections="4"
/>

Then tried both Online and Client.
Online fails in download files with "Can't download Source\$$constants.h" or similar issue.
Client just says "Version conflict between server and client please restart client" and it says the "Cannot connect to server stuff.

Honestly why is it trying to get $$constants.h file? I mean really? its supposed to be a client? Maybe if someone can explain what all of this is?
03-09-2013 08:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Please read the doc:
http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...ding_Files
You should use:
".._Publish_/Ineisis Client" for SrcFolder
".._Publish_/Ineisis Online/Ineisis Online.exe" for Installer
03-09-2013 09:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uNetti Offline

ok, got it working now, looks like you need the purchased engine.

What about admin tools? Noone written the admin tools for an MMO yet?
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 12:50 AM by uNetti.)
03-10-2013 12:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndrewBGS Offline

So I tried running Inesis also, and I failed.
Isn't the guide in the link for EE1? Cause if I have an uploader somewhere, I don't know where it is. Anyway, I tried that sequence of code editing and publishes. Some options weren't valid (like publish in 64 bit format), and the result refused to run (couldn't load data).

In the editor however, the server runs smoothly. The client fails to connect to the server however, although i set the constats file serverIP to the given server ip. As for the Inesis Online, it attempts some download and it fails.

So it's probably a stupid question, but your link and the inesis wiki didn't seem to help me out; How do I run the code so I can locally play inesis?
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 07:24 PM by AndrewBGS.)
03-15-2013 03:10 PM
uNetti Offline

What worried about the tests I made was that there is some problems with Ineisis code in general, maybe someone can explain me why I got this error message back when I was testing it with other resource?

[Image: ineisis_patcher_fail.png]

What is the limits of the Data folder and why does it make errors like that?

Also where in the code is the limitation of the world size? and why are they there?

How much would it cost to get a world editor/maker to edit the streaming maps created by Ineisis? Can anyone deliver this product with how much of an ETA and price?
Ineisis World Areas Streaming

At least being able to port current EE2 worlds into streaming would be very nice, but I can also understand if that is bad/impossible. However in
any case you don't want to create the whole world ingame, so an editor would be very very nice.

I came across this article to build Minecraft worlds, how much would
one want for this and how fast can it be delivered?
Minecraft map generator

Also a concern in this regards is, that you can download the files directly, making the patcher insecure.

If you go into the location of your data you can download it, in the example given: "d-data/d-anim/d-humanoid/d-combat/d-one-hand-melee/f-crawl_backwards_neutral_inplace.anim"
This files should be fetched from a php file, where there is no direct access to the file, but once you login then you go do getpatches.php?file=d-data/d-anim/d-humanoid/d-combat/d-one-hand-melee/f-crawl_backwards_neutral_inplace.anim

Just pointing out a major security flaw.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 03:03 PM by uNetti.)
03-16-2013 02:10 PM
uNetti Offline

In other words if someone can answer, Can you create ineisis world types in the editor" and if so, how.
03-16-2013 07:16 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(03-15-2013 03:10 PM)andreim44 Wrote:  So I tried running Inesis also, and I failed.
Isn't the guide in the link for EE1? Cause if I have an uploader somewhere, I don't know where it is.
The guide is for EE2.0.
The uploader is located in Esenthel/Bin folder
03-16-2013 09:16 PM
EthanC Offline

Greg the issue is that we have only two options within Esenthel engine:

1) Start over using Ineisis as the base and put our assets into it, expanding from there. However there are two huge problems. First first is that Ineisis can't read any of our world data created in the engine and no one can even say whether you can even create Ineisis world data in the editor. Secondly there are these "world borders" in ineisis which defeats the whole purpose of our "huge world". If not, that's a game breaker right there. Could you please answer uNetti's question two lines up about this just so we know.

2) Forget the "blocks system" that's giving us so much grief and go back to our original project with only the addition of modifiable terrain and placing and deleting objects in the world when ingame (as ineisis does). I'm told however that most likely this will require the assets to be "compressed", versioned and streamed as ineisis does. I'm perfectly fine with this, but I need to know "how" to accomplish that in the engine and world editor.

I don't care how it's done, only that it can be done. I appreciate your expedient response.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 10:42 PM by EthanC.)
03-16-2013 10:24 PM
Ozmodian Offline

Hi Ethan and uNetti,

I am still pretty nooby but i will do my best to share any knowledge i have with Ineisis.

1) World Size
in Share/Constants you will find this code which sets the world size. From everything I have seen in the code, scaling this up uniformly should* work. As to why they are there, i would say that they were added so he would not have to create an infinite dynamic heightmap.

Code:
const int Areas=6, AreaSize=64, HmRes=32, BlocksDim=64, BlocksBorder=2, ViewRange=100,
          AreaUpdateDist=32; // distance in meters after which transfer areas from server to client
const flt HeightmapScale=1.0/8;

const UID MainWorldID(123, 456, 789, 123);

const RectI WorldBoundsAreas    (-Areas, -Areas, Areas-1, Areas-1),
            WorldBoundsHeightmap(      WorldBoundsAreas.min.x   *HmRes     ,       WorldBoundsAreas.min.y   *HmRes     ,
                                      (WorldBoundsAreas.max.x+1)*HmRes     ,      (WorldBoundsAreas.max.y+1)*HmRes     );
const BoxI  WorldBoundsBlocks   (VecI( WorldBoundsAreas.min.x   *AreaSize  , -32,  WorldBoundsAreas.min.y   *AreaSize  ),
                                 VecI((WorldBoundsAreas.max.x+1)*AreaSize-1,  32, (WorldBoundsAreas.max.y+1)*AreaSize-1));
const Box   WorldBounds         (Vec ( WorldBoundsAreas.min.x   *AreaSize  , -32,  WorldBoundsAreas.min.y   *AreaSize  ),
                                 Vec ((WorldBoundsAreas.max.x+1)*AreaSize  ,  32, (WorldBoundsAreas.max.y+1)*AreaSize  ));

2) Importing Worlds created with editor.
The problem here is that the world and hightmap (shared/heightmap) functions are modified in Ineisis.

in Server/World, a custom World class is loaded

Code:
Net.Worlds.replaceClass<World>();

Also, the heightmap is created dynamically in Server/World::InitWorld()

I am sure there is a way to re-write this to somehow work with worlds created in the editor but I am not sure that you are going to get that answer in a post here (although, i could be wrong).

I know this does not answer all of your questions (not my intention) but i thought I would share the things i have learned about the Ineisis source. Feel free to ignore if you already knew it.
03-18-2013 04:38 AM
uNetti Offline

Hi,

Thanks for your input. I am thinking I need to see the World.cpp of Net::Worlds to be able to see how to modify Server/World to do the same and more. I understand I could remove the replaceClass function, but then I don't think we can edit the terrain?

Without knowing how Bool load(C Str &name); works, it's hard save/load in the same
format :(
03-18-2013 05:14 AM
AndrewBGS Offline

So, I got a bug somewhere along the way with the update, but i still have ideas on how to fix things.
But, couldn't someone please make a video tutorial on how to get this Ineisis working?

The description on the wiki confuses me, i'm not sure what instructions I should follow and what not to. I mean I dont' need the paypal stuff to test it locally.... so i skipped... probably too much.

Anyway, can't someone PLEASE make a tutorial on how to run it? It would be of great help.
03-23-2013 11:25 PM