About Store Forum Documentation Contact

EE 2.0 Drag and Drop not working
Kaveman Offline

EE 2.0 Drag and Drop not working
Hi,
I have used EE 1.0 and am only starting to use 2.0 for about a week now. I have tried to drag and drop images (even an esenthel 1.0 logo.png to make sure it was not a format problem), models, skins, gfx files, and it does not work. Nothing happens- no error message, nor does it show up on the left. Right clicking and making new files works just fine.

I'm using Windows 7 professional, 64bit, 12Gigs of Ram, and running esenthel off an internal secondary drive (not Csmile. I'm not sure if that is relevant but I thought I would mention it. Also, I have made the program run as administrator. Building, running, and exporting tutorials to visual studio works just fine.

I hope you can work out this bug soon - I am anxious to dig in further but it limits a lot of the functionality.

Kaveman

I just downloaded the new version with the 64 bit engine application and that solved my problem.

Thanks
Kaveman
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2013 04:34 AM by Kaveman.)
02-13-2013 03:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaveman Offline

RE: EE 2.0 Drag and Drop not working
Ok scratch that. I tested it right away when I downloaded it, and it was fine. Now the problem is back again, and I can't get it to work anymore. I even tried extracting a duplicate installation and starting over and it still doesn't work.

I tried going back to the 32 bit version of the package I downloaded today, which I had not tried yet. That is working now with drag and drop while the 64 bit version is not anymore.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2013 06:47 AM by Kaveman.)
02-13-2013 06:04 AM
Kaveman Offline

Ok, I finally figured it out. The problem has to do with administrator access.

When I enable run as administrator two things happen:
-Drag and Drop Stops working
-I am able to build (I think because esenthel has access for writing the executable)

When I disable run as administrator two things happen:
-Drag and Drop works
-I am unable to build (error launching: "C:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe")

That being the case, until the bug can get fixed, I will have to disable run as administrator to add the files to my project that I want to use. Then I will have to re enable run as administrator to code after that.
02-13-2013 07:14 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thank you for reporting the issue, I will investigate this.

Temporarily you can try disabling UAC completely, there is a chance both drag and drop and compilation will work.
02-13-2013 10:52 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I'm uploading fixed version, once it's ready I will post in version history thread.
02-13-2013 12:38 PM