About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Multiplayer Racing - Project broken?
Donik Offline

Multiplayer Racing - Project broken?
Hello there,
i bought the Multiplayer Racing source code yesterday and i can't get it to work.

Here is what i have done:
1) Unzip the file into Esenthels project folder
2) Startup the Editor and select the Multiplayer Racing project

Here is what i get:

As you can see the project consists of many invisible entries and only a few ones that are visible. If i try to open the Replay or Server source, i get an error "Can't load '""' file.
02-15-2013 04:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Multiplayer Racing - Project broken?
Hi,

Can you update your Esenthel 2.0 to latest version and then unpack the racing project again to projects folder?

Make clean extraction of the racing archive again not to use the one you've already opened.

It's the same problem as here: http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=5923
02-15-2013 04:32 PM
Donik Offline

Man i should have tried it with the newest Esenthel version...working now!
Thanks!

Now it works fine on Android, but when i try to compile it for Windows i get the following error message:

Code:
f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\misc\templates.h(741) : error C2678: binary '-' : no operator found which takes a left-hand operand of type 'EE::OrientP' (or there is no acceptable conversion)
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\misc\date time.h(55): could be 'I64 EE::operator -(const EE::DateTime &,const EE::DateTime &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\edge.h(47): or       'EE::Edge2 EE::operator -(const EE::Edge2 &,const EE::Vec2 &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\edge.h(99): or       'EE::EdgeD2 EE::operator -(const EE::EdgeD2 &,const EE::VecD2 &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\edge.h(148): or       'EE::Edge EE::operator -(const EE::Edge &,const EE::Vec &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\edge.h(201): or       'EE::EdgeD EE::operator -(const EE::EdgeD &,const EE::VecD &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\triangle.h(46): or       'EE::Tri2 EE::operator -(const EE::Tri2 &,const EE::Vec2 &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\triangle.h(76): or       'EE::TriD2 EE::operator -(const EE::TriD2 &,const EE::VecD2 &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\triangle.h(115): or       'EE::Tri EE::operator -(const EE::Tri &,const EE::Vec &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\triangle.h(149): or       'EE::TriD EE::operator -(const EE::TriD &,const EE::VecD &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\box.h(42): or       'EE::Box EE::operator -(const EE::Box &,const EE::Vec &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\box.h(234): or       'EE::OBox EE::operator -(const EE::OBox &,const EE::Vec &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\circle.h(35): or       'EE::Circle EE::operator -(const EE::Circle &,const EE::Vec2 &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\ball.h(28): or       'EE::Ball EE::operator -(const EE::Ball &,const EE::Vec &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\capsule.h(45): or       'EE::Capsule EE::operator -(const EE::Capsule &,const EE::Vec &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\tube.h(35): or       'EE::Tube EE::operator -(const EE::Tube &,const EE::Vec &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shapes\torus.h(26): or       'EE::Torus EE::operator -(const EE::Torus &,const EE::Vec &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\shape.h(57): or       'EE::Shape EE::operator -(const EE::Shape &,const EE::Vec &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\number.h(58): or       'EE::Number EE::operator -(const EE::Number &,const EE::Number &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\number.h(58): or       'EE::Number EE::operator -(const EE::Number &,Int)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\number.h(58): or       'EE::Number EE::operator -(Int,const EE::Number &)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\number.h(58): or       'EE::Number EE::operator -(const EE::Number &,Dbl)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\math\number.h(58): or       'EE::Number EE::operator -(Dbl,const EE::Number &)'
        while trying to match the argument list '(EE::OrientP, Replay::Frame)'
        f:\engines\esenthel 2.0\bin\esenthelengine\misc\templates.h(734) : while compiling class template member function 'Replay::Frame EE::Interpolator<TYPE>::smooth(Flt) const'
        with
        [
            TYPE=Replay::Frame
        ]

That error pops up twice, both related to the Replay class.
Any help is appreciated, i'm sure it's not my fault this time smile
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 08:09 PM by Donik.)
02-15-2013 07:34 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello!

Could you tell me if you've changed anything in the project?

The templates.h EE header uses "-" operator
in code
Code:
T1(TYPE) TYPE Interpolator<TYPE>::smooth(Flt x)C
{
   Int prev2, prev, next, next2; Flt frac; _get4(x, prev2, prev, next, next2, frac);
   if( prev==next)
   {
      if(prev<0)return 0;
      return T[prev].y;
   }
   return Lerp4((prev2<0) ? T[prev].y*2-T[next].y : T[prev2].y, T[prev].y, T[next].y, (next2<0) ? T[next].y*2-T[prev].y : T[next2].y, frac);
}

and Multiplayer Racing defines that operator in "Replay" source code, following lines:
Code:
Replay.Frame operator*(C Replay.Frame &a, flt b)
{
   Replay.Frame f=a;
   f.pos *=b;
   f.dir *=b;
   f.perp*=b;
   return f;
}
Replay.Frame operator-(C Replay.Frame &a, C Replay.Frame &b)
{
   Replay.Frame f=a;
   f.pos -=b.pos;
   f.dir -=b.dir;
   f.perp-=b.perp;
   return f;
}
Replay.Frame Lerp4(C Replay.Frame &f0, C Replay.Frame &f1, C Replay.Frame &f2, C Replay.Frame &f3, flt step)
{
   Replay.Frame f;
   f.pos =Lerp4(f0.pos , f1.pos , f2.pos , f3.pos , step);
   f.dir =Lerp4(f0.dir , f1.dir , f2.dir , f3.dir , step);
   f.perp=Lerp4(f0.perp, f1.perp, f2.perp, f3.perp, step);
   f.fix();
   return f;
}

The smooth from "templates.h" is called in:
Code:
Matrix get(flt time)
   {
      return frames.smooth(time);
   }

I've just tried compiling it in VS 2008 and 2012, and both not a problem.
02-15-2013 08:37 PM
Donik Offline

I redownloaded Esenthel engine and Multiplayer Racing. Then i unpacked both of them and copied the Racing project into the engines project folder. I started the editor, opened the project, set up the folders to VS, Android SDK, NDK and JRE and compiled it for Windows.
Its all new files, not older than 2 hours...
02-15-2013 08:45 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Could you tell me which version of Visual Studio are you using? (2008/2010/2012, pro/express/.., what language version? english/.., does it have any Service Packs installed?)
Thank you
02-15-2013 08:46 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Also: Once you create the C++ version with EE Code Editor "Build" command.
Could you archive the generated "Source" folder, and VS project files (vcproj/vcxproj/vcxproj.filters) (with RAR/ZIP) and send it to my email?
02-15-2013 08:50 PM
Donik Offline

Wow, you reply so fast, thats amazing!

I'm currently working with VS2008 Professional (english, SP1).
Ok, i just downloaded VS2010 express....and now it works =)
So it's the fault of my pretty old version of VS2008...

Do you still want that email with the source compiled from an old VS2008 version?
02-15-2013 09:02 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thank you, the archive will be helpful, as I'd like to test it by myself.
I'm also using 2008 (it's faster to compile, than 2010/2012), I'd like to investigate the issue more deeply.
02-15-2013 09:06 PM
DES Offline

Hi,
I have the same problem. I bought the multiplayer game source code today but i'm unable to compile it.
I'm using VS 2008 and i get exactly the same error shown above.
Do you have any news about it?
02-22-2013 06:05 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

The problem went away after using VS2010, for me it works however for 2008 as well.
I still need to investigate this more, for the moment try installing 2010/2012 VS
02-22-2013 06:38 PM