About Store Forum Documentation Contact

EE 2.0 ObjParams Not Updating from editor
Scarlet Thread Offline

EE 2.0 ObjParams Not Updating from editor
Hi I am having a problem with object parameters within EE 2.0 and I think this is a Bug.

When I change object parameters or even delete them.... A lot of the time they actually don't change. Even though it changes in the editor when I try access them in the code I get the old value I had in there before changing it. Even if I completely delete the parameter it still seems to be there.

For example, I had a parameter of type Text for an object with the data "Swch_01" in it. The parameter was optional so I deleted it but in my code when I check for the parameter it is supposed to fail i.e. Param* par != obj.findPrarm(....) and therefore not do anything. However, even though I completely deleted the parameter it still picks it up. When I debug in VS2010 and put in a break point and interrogate the text returned by par.asTxt(), it tells me "Swch_01".... I go back into the editor and it is not to be seen in the parameters.

I've tried deleting the object and re-creating it. I've tried resetting Esenthel, I've tried erasing removed elements but none of these things seem to work. This isn't a once off either it happens to a lot of the parameters.

Nothing I do allows me to get rid of these phantom parameters. Help would be greatly appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 04:07 PM by Scarlet Thread.)
02-20-2013 04:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: EE 2.0 ObjParams Not Updating from editor
Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Indeed there was a small bug which resulted in copying parameters which were removed into the game object.

I'm just uploading fixed version, it should be available in around 25 minutes (I'll post in the version history once it's ready).

Once you download latest version:
-please open affected game object in the editor
-make small change to one of the parameters (so editor will detect that it was changed and it will need to resave the object, this time it will resave without previously removed parameters)
02-20-2013 05:46 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Thanks so much for the quick fix!
02-20-2013 11:47 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

You're welcome!
02-20-2013 11:48 PM