wow so many moving here
that nice to see some good faces so have to make sure i get this next week

looking forward to this
carlb
02-27-2013 11:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ecco Offline

RE: ..hello to everybody..
..okay..i have just finished checking out demo version, and i really like system and what it does, therefore, during weekend, im going to buy it..i admit, i really like it..all examples I did compiled and run trough Esenthel editor, but i really prefer raw, naked Visual Studio, so i guess, i can do coding directly in C++ without esenthel editor ??
02-27-2013 12:25 PM
wh1ps3r Offline

NA: i think, you can just add headers to VS and EE libraries are in Bin directory.
I haven't tested it, it's just what i think
02-27-2013 12:35 PM
Ecco Offline

..yup..i just now browsed trough files and its all in there..I really like this system..so im in wink
02-27-2013 12:52 PM
macklebee Offline

if wife gives an increase in allowance this weekend then I am in as well... looks like i was one week too late to get it cheaper :( oh well, im having too much fun with this... such a nice engine. And reading through the forum, its so bizarre for me to see the engine developer actually respond to questions... that alone is worth the price of admission. smile
02-27-2013 12:58 PM
Flexman Offline

My C++ is so rusty, I might need to rely on you guys for a bit to help out.
Look me up on Skype, hawley.richard for group chats and collective coding/testing.

I think I'll buy this engine just to show some support and get rid of the annoying pop-up rather than any real project in mind. I might see how long it takes to get my "King in 100 Days" mini-RPG game running on Android.
02-27-2013 01:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(02-27-2013 12:52 PM)Ecco Wrote:  ..yup..i just now browsed trough files and its all in there..I really like this system..so im in wink
That's correct, you can just include EE headers and libs into VS and it works

Here you can see VS project settings
http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...ual_Studio

But you can do it simpler - just open any turorial/app/project from Esenthel Editor and select "Build\Export\C++ with Visual Studio Project .."

Or hit F8 to generate and open project from VS automatically.

Or just stick with Esenthel's Code Editor wink at least give it some good try, and enjoy seamless cross-platform compilation for 4 platforms.
02-27-2013 02:58 PM
Ecco Offline

@Esenthel
..hehe, thanks for info..im sure going to use this system to port my game for OSX , and eventually Linux, once its available..so far it looks exactly as what I need..
02-27-2013 03:05 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(02-27-2013 02:02 AM)fatcoder Wrote:  
(02-27-2013 12:11 AM)gwald Wrote:  I wish I was still living in Brisbane!

Ah, home sweet home for me! smile

Haha nice. I live on the Gold Coast wink

@ all Ex LE guys.. When I first moved to Esenthel I was determined just to use VS2010, However, I highly recommend giving the code editor a decent go. It really makes life easier in a lot of ways. You can still use STL and external libraries with it and it automatically makes cross platform stuff easy. If you don't like it after having a good go just hit the export to VS2010 button and off you go like nothing ever happened
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 03:21 PM by Scarlet Thread.)
02-27-2013 03:15 PM
nomax5 Offline

hi ecco smile
02-27-2013 03:28 PM
Flexman Offline

I guess a proper intro is in order.

My name is Richard from Leeds in the UK. I'm a 40 something developer by trade. I've been working on a helicopter simulation project called Combat-Helo for the past few years which will hopefully see a release soon. I've worked on several helicopter sim products over the years and recently published a mini book on using the GROME terrain editor for Ogre3D, UDK and Unity3D (avail: Amazon, PackT publishing)

I'm just here to look at the feature set, experiment and look at Android deployment. Other interests include streaming terrain and large scale scenes for simulation of advanced optical sensors. I'm not sure Esenthel 2.0 is yet suitable for these applications, it wasn't designed for them. But it shows promise.

Still looking for the engine to power Combat-Helo 2.0
02-28-2013 11:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gwald Offline

streaming terrain... esenthel is for you smile
Hey I see Josh has eaten he's words for lunch lol

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 11:34 AM by gwald.)
02-28-2013 11:26 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(02-28-2013 11:26 AM)gwald Wrote:  streaming terrain... esenthel is for you smile

He has... He took back... the thing... how convenient for him....

Unfortunately the damage is done.. and with Esenthel in my hands, I see no point in going back.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 11:50 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
02-28-2013 11:49 AM
rstralberg Offline

(02-28-2013 11:49 AM)Scarlet Thread Wrote:  
(02-28-2013 11:26 AM)gwald Wrote:  streaming terrain... esenthel is for you smile

He has... He took back... the thing... how convenient for him....

Unfortunately the damage is done.. and with Esenthel in my hands, I see no point in going back.

Same here. After just dragging my iClone export on to the Essenthel editor and the see my animated character moving, without any conversion programs, tricks or other things, I'm just loving Essenthel grin

My Blog is at http://mrstralberg.blogspot.se.
Chat account Skype (rstralberg)
02-28-2013 01:01 PM