About Store Forum Documentation Contact

ERTS on iOS?
Arrested Offline

ERTS on iOS?
Hi,

Is there a trick to get ERTS to compile for iOS?

In the Editor or in Xcode, I get the same errors - this is after following the instructions; mac and windows versions seem fine.

(null): error: /Users/USER/Desktop/Esenthel/Esenthel RTS/Src/_C++ Build_/Esenthel RTS/Engine.pak: No such file or directory

(null): error: /Users/USER/Desktop/Esenthel/Esenthel RTS/Src/_C++ Build_/Esenthel RTS/Assets/Project.pak: No such file or directory
02-26-2013 04:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: ERTS on iOS?
Hi,

When compiling for iOS under Esenthel 1.0 you need to manually include the data PAK files into xcode project.

I understand that it's cumbersome, therefore I've developed 2.0 that does all of that automatically, in next couple of days I will release an update for 2.0 that supports mini maps and image atlases (both required for ERTS) and I will provide ERTS version for 2.0.

So I recommend just continue working on your game and in few days please get the updated 2.0 version once it's released (most probably it will be available during this week).
02-27-2013 03:07 PM
Arrested Offline

very cool - so close too; "Can't load pak - engine.pak"

and secondly - I copied Data.pak to Project.pak; was that correct?
02-27-2013 03:33 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

Everything is now ready for 2.0, please download latest Esenthel version, download ERTS for 2.0, then:
-select Esenthel Project Target to iOS APP
-select option "open in Xcode"
-in Xcode select "iOS" target and press Play
02-28-2013 07:42 PM
Arrested Offline

Awesome - so that works on iOs no problem. Tried the same kind of process to build for macos with no luck; just sys it cannot execute on this arch...

Anyway; I'm digging it.

great job.
03-11-2013 06:59 PM