About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Leadwerks Invasion
fatcoder Offline

Leadwerks Invasion
I know everyone's thinking it, so I'm just gonna come out and say it.

What's with the flood of ex-Leadwerks developers hitting the forums? In the last few days, almost every post I've read has been from a Leadwerks refugee. lol

I'm not complaining. Just curious to know why the mass exodus? Is it just a bunch of mates that know each other, or is there something wrong with Leadwerks, or was there a major Esenthel Engine marketing campaign I'm not aware of that converted everyone?

I've watched this community grow over the years I've been a part of it, and I welcome the new blood. The more people involved, the better this great engine will get. smile
02-27-2013 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Leadwerks Invasion
I noticed people mentioned price were going to increase for Leadwerks so I guess the next version will be a no-go for some? I've noticed EE has been mentioned quite a couple of places on different engine forums though.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 11:45 AM by Zervox.)
02-27-2013 11:42 AM
wh1ps3r Offline

Why ?

Imagine, you bought the LE, then you had to pay small fee to upgrade, which brings nothing but it cuts support for all who haven't upgraded. Now, Developer of LE said, LE2 was amateurish work and I feel, we were like test rabbits helping him with everything. Also i think, this is end of support for LE2 ( who will search for bugs in old product right ), and upgrade means lots of money. Also, developer of LE recommend to newcommers, who want to make mobile games to buy LE2, so LE3 will be cheaper .. ok, they bought LE2 just for having LE3 cheaper ... and .. PUNCH into face grin pay 499$ for basic, 499$ for iOs, 499$ for android .. + you have one month time to get it .. or you have to pay 999$ for basic, 999$ for iOS and 999$ for android.

So, it's big "haha" to newcommers, becuase they have no idea, it will costs such a price and LE2 was waste of money for them.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 12:30 PM by wh1ps3r.)
02-27-2013 12:29 PM
gwald Offline

ouff!! oh wow! that's really bad!
It's more expensive then *nity!
I guess it depends on license terms and features.. I don't know LE.
Look at the upside, he was honest about the cheaper price! grin

Here's the start of the end, interesting read! (first link)
http://bit.ly/ZAbfh7

Update 28/2: looks like he set it to private or removed it.
It's in google cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...en&ct=clnk

And now in damage control: http://bit.ly/YYxV8I

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 12:01 AM by gwald.)
02-27-2013 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Wow,

A huge thanks for all the people joining the forum recently.
It makes me really proud that you appreciate the engine that I've built all those years.

Also thanks to recommending it to your friends and help spreading the word, that's indeed the best way to make the engine grow stronger.

Hope that you will enjoy Esenthel! smile
02-27-2013 02:05 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Hello! Me and Donik moved here 2 months ago from LE when we noticed that LE was going down the tubes. I may have made a big deal about leaving LE on the forums and why.. However, I didn't say where I went but I chatted to some friends in LE chat about it.

When the price for LE3 was announced yesterday I had about 5 people ask what engine I went to. I was more than happy to recommend EE after my good experience. Keep it up Esenthel wink
Hope you can all look after us well. There are a lot of good programmers coming over from LE. wink
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 02:26 PM by Scarlet Thread.)
02-27-2013 02:11 PM
fatcoder Offline

All these refugees come complete with photos of themselves! I thought Zervox had the trademark on that as he was the only member with a photo until now.
02-27-2013 02:53 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Haha it's kinda cool because they are the exact same photo's as on LE forum so I can recognise them all... except for me I changed mine hehe
02-27-2013 02:59 PM
Rubeus Offline

Hey! I've had a photo of myself all along, too!
02-27-2013 03:13 PM
fatcoder Offline

(02-27-2013 03:13 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  Hey! I've had a photo of myself all along, too!

Hahaha!
02-27-2013 03:23 PM
Flexman Offline

My avatar looks like me. I paid good money to an artist living in poverty for this one.

Yeah wh1ps3r has about right. I'm not sure what's going on but I tried this engine a few years ago but recommendations forced me to try it again and ... well it's quite a difference. I'm impressed by the bangs per buck. As a Yorkshireman we're a bit tight when it comes to getting value for money and knowing when to pay for quality.

So I'm going to be shelling out in the near future if only to encourage development.
02-27-2013 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wh1ps3r Offline

Ha, another punch into face. He wants members to pay some money every 9 - 15 months. Also, GL4 renderer for basic version will costs additional money.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 05:44 PM by wh1ps3r.)
02-27-2013 05:44 PM
VeTaL Offline

Hi, guys,
I had used LE2 for some time, then switched to Unity (for some reasons) while waiting for LE3. But for now, looking like LE3 is not going to be a candy, so i'm here smile
02-27-2013 05:52 PM
wh1ps3r Offline

hi smile
02-27-2013 05:53 PM
VeTaL Offline

Greetings, wh1ps3r and Flexman - nice to see ya, guys smile
02-27-2013 05:55 PM