About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Working with Esenthel 2.0 editor ?
Juggernaut Offline

Working with Esenthel 2.0 editor ?
Hello Esenthel,

I double click the Esenthel64.exe and Esenthel Editor 2.0 opens up.
I hover mouse over the Main file under Apps->01-Start->1-Basic App ( located in the left side bar ) and the source code shows up on the right side of the window very nicely. But as soon as I remove my mouse from the Main file - the source code vanishes even though the Main file remains selected !

I want the source code to show up devoid of the mouse pointer location as long as the corresponding Main file remains selected ( hi-lighted in blue ). How do I achieve this ? Otherwise how am I going to edit the code or write new code ?

EDIT : I just found out I will have to double click the Main file to get it hi-lighted in red and the file remains open for editing on the right pane!
Should have guessed on first hand ..... must be an in-genuine Russian technique that Microsoft is not aware of !

Secondly, how do I customize the font used, size and color of the source code displayed ? The maximum font size allowed in 16 only. I want to
customize the font more to my need that gives me a pleasant viewing while coding in the editor. I know I can open the code in my Visual Studio Express Editor and edit the code from there too. But I just want to do it all from within the Esenthel edior.

As for the code hinting and function definition that is popping up - all feels like Heaven !

Thanks,
02-27-2013 07:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Working with Esenthel 2.0 editor ?
Hi,

On what kind of display size (inch) and resolution are you working that font size 16 is not enough?

Approximately how big would you need it?
02-27-2013 07:39 PM
Juggernaut Offline

Hi,

I am using an entry level PHILIPS LED HD display of screen size 21.5 inches ( diagonally ) with maximum screen resolution support of 1920 X 1080 ( which is what the display is set to currently ).

I think one more step - 18 would have got me satisfied. I do not know for sure - may be it will be bigger than I want. I am not sure since it all depends on the font type. I find "Consolas" in some editor good, while in others "Times Roman". I wish there was normal font changing option found in other code editors - size, bold/italic, font-name etc.

So, yes no big issue.

If it is not a problem for you ( lot of late night or day coding ) you may give more option to customize the font. But again I am not pressing you for this right now.

Again - Congratulation for being able to create such an awesome product and also delivering it at a reasonable price to us - the indies . smile

Thanks,
02-27-2013 07:55 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thank you for the feedback,

That's no problem to add one step bigger font, I'll do this for next release.

Adding more options for font configuration would take a bit too much time so for the moment I won't be doing this.
02-27-2013 07:59 PM
Juggernaut Offline

Hi,

I understand your point and will gladly accept what you think is right, for now.

Thanks,
02-27-2013 08:04 PM