About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Requesting Animation Tutorial
Shatterstar Offline

Requesting Animation Tutorial
I have no idea where to put this request..so, I'm putting it here. I'm requesting that someone make a video tutorial on how to get custom animations to work on your custom character. Unity has an offical video on Youtube on how to do this...and they also have several fan made ones too. We are all fans of Esenthel, so I was hoping that someone would step up and make such a tutorial for people that are new to Esenthel, and new to making games. I know Greg would do it, but he is only one guy. Unity has a whole team behind them...and look, Greg has made something just as good, and in some aspects, better than Unity. So, please someone step up. An Esenthel Animations tutorial posted on Youtube would really help this community grow. smile Let me know people, if you also feel that this subject is important.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 02:55 PM by Shatterstar.)
03-01-2013 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: Requesting Animation Tutorial
I would find this rather helpful, too. As a programmer, I know little about the art side of things, and it would be nice if there was a video that showed a rundown of the techniques for importing and playing animations.
03-01-2013 03:14 PM
Revek Offline

I need this too, pref in blender, I made my model and cannot add armature... ?
05-31-2013 05:57 AM
gdalex Offline

I thought you had succeeded to do this, Shatterstar.
Can you precise what you need ?

- Export mesh and animation cycles from the 3D app (blender/maya/3DS)
- Import mesh on esenthel
- Import animation cycles
- Load and display animations in game (source codes modifications)

Is that it ?
05-31-2013 08:58 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

In 1.0 or 2.0?
06-01-2013 01:54 AM
Shatterstar Offline

I got a custom made character to work with my custom made animations. I used 1.0 I didn't use blender made animations, (though I know how) I used Esenthel's animation Editor. I made my model in a program called MakeHuman, exported it to blender, and then made some adjustments to the model. Then exported the blender model to Esenthel. I'm sorry that I haven't made the tutorial yet. I just don't have the time right now. Right now, the real world has been killing me, and I haven't even been able to work on my game as much as I would like to. I do hope to see someone make a tutorial on this soon. If I had it back then, it would have saved me a lot of time and effort.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 07:39 AM by Shatterstar.)
06-01-2013 07:37 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Good ole' make human. I find it makes good bases to work of from for bodies but the faces seem too robust.
06-02-2013 01:49 AM
Shatterstar Offline

yeah...I always tweek my makehuman models with blender before using them. The newest release of makehuman has given more face designing controls. You might want to give it a look.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 04:57 AM by Shatterstar.)
06-02-2013 04:56 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Yeh I use it often.. Really good proportions and muscle base. Sometimes I even just use it as a base to make clothes around and then delete the body once I've got the fit... Really good software. I'll have to look at the latest.
06-02-2013 06:16 AM