About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Problem importing models from 1.0 to 2.0
Shatterstar Offline

Problem importing models from 1.0 to 2.0
I'm having a problem importing my 1.0 models into 2.0 when i do, the model is white/completely textureless...and its expecting me to retexture it. I can't even if i wanted to because 2.0 doesnt seperate mesh parts yet. So what do i do? Is there a way that i can take my 1.0 world file and reload/import it into the 2.0 engine? and if i do, will my textures show up on my meshes? I really want to use 2.0, because thats the future of Esenthel...but these things are holding me back.
In 1.0 i can texture certain parts and not others, I can change my mind about one texture, and apply a different texture from my library to make a last minute change that will only effect that mesh part. I can flip texture faces, seperate mesh parts into more mesh parts, which i do often, resize the texture map, which i do often for last minute changes, i also use rotating the texture sometimes...these are so many cool features for a modeller to have. I know there are a lot of programmers, probably more so than modellers, but please don't forget about modellers using your engine. Please put these features into 2.0 so i can use it. and one more thing....i also liked being able to hit g and have the grid pop up in the model editor...really missing that in 2.0.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 03:16 AM by Shatterstar.)
03-01-2013 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Problem importing models from 1.0 to 2.0
Hi,

Are you importing your project using the "Import" button on the Projects list?

If not, could you try that?

If it's not what you can do, try adjusting your 1.0 model to have material and textures located at the same path as the mesh file (resave if needed) then drag and drop to 2.0
03-02-2013 01:13 PM
Shatterstar Offline

RE: Problem importing models from 1.0 to 2.0
ok, I'll try that. thanks for the quick reply.
03-02-2013 10:15 PM