About Store Forum Documentation Contact

question about the engine
rational089 Offline

question about the engine
i was wondering how is combat handled with the game engine? is it like hero engine and i will have to script the whole combat system myself? i was very interested in hero engine but then i found out its really only good for building the game world and almost everything about the game will have to be implemented via scripting, combat, crafting, inventory's, everything... how much is implemented into the esenthel engine that your standard mmo (lets say wow clone) would need? how is the server and billing handled? are there systems already in place that help with this?
03-03-2013 07:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: question about the engine
Esenthel provides tools only; you will need to provide all the code to turn a character running around with a HUD into an actual game-that includes combat mechanics, items, crafting, inventories, and everything. Theres some tools to help some of it along, but you do most of the work.

It sounds like you would be better off finding a game(maybe even Esenthel's Inesis) that is open to modders and just futz around with it. Any editor that does as much as you are asking is going to be just a level editor. Work on making a game that people would actually pay for before worrying about how they will pay.
03-03-2013 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply