About Store Forum Documentation Contact

additional render pass(es)
para Offline

additional render pass(es)
Hi, i'm totally new to EE and not finding the best words for the thread's title atm, but basically what I wanted to know is if there is an easy way to do some additional rendering per frame, ie:

I want to render my world with a relatively wide FOV, then superimpose the gun and hands rendered with a more normal FOV on a separate pass, also getting rid of 'weapons clipping through close geometry' problem in the process..

Is this possible? Rendering more than one 'scene' per frame and combining them (preferably in a post shader), for stuff like split screen multiplayer, stereoscopic 3d, rear view mirrors etc.. ?

Thanks!
03-03-2013 05:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ogniok Offline

RE: additional render pass(es)
I think that to achieve the effect you want you can render a weapon to texture, then render the whole world and apply texture to screen. smile
03-03-2013 06:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

Check out the different render modes for what you refer to as a pass. Render to texture allows you to take a scene from an arbitrary camera and create a texture of it. It can be used for split screen, mirrors, etc. Not sure about the stereoscopic.
03-06-2013 07:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
para Offline

Thanks guys!, yes render to texture was exactly what I was looking for, although for some reason the term eluded me at the time.. I found it a bit later in the supplied tutorials, was a bit too quick with my question..
03-07-2013 12:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply