About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Where is the Build All button in EE2?
nomax5 Offline

Where is the Build All button in EE2?
Dumb question of the day, I try minimise my dumb questions to 1 per day so people don't think I'm thick. blushing

it seems I've been using esenthel 1 all this time by running
C:/ EsenthelEngineSDK/Tools/Editor 64.exe
I think, I'm not sure, it is very confusing because the folder EsenthelEngineSDK was created when I installed EE1 but then later I installed EE2 and I don't know if EE2 updated the EsenthelEngineSDK folder or not?.

Where as I should have been running C:/my stuff/downloads/game engines/esenthel/esenthel 2.0//Esenthel 64.exe

When ever I download anything I put it in C:/my stuff/downloads/newfoldername
So I have a copy of everything I've downloaded since the beginning of time.
Then I copy or install to a completely different folder leaving the original download untouched.

I am thinking that although EE2 is an application it doesn't have an installer so I should copy the esenthel 2.0 folder off somewhere like C:/esenthel 2.0

Then I can run C:/esenthel 2.0/Esenthel 64.exe

An finally my question:
When I run the old EE1 (Editor 64.exe) and load up Esenthel RPG 2 I can click clean all and build all and it makes Esenthel RPG 2 VS 2010.sln which I can then double click to start visual studio and rebuild to make Esenthel RPG 2.exe

But when I EE2 Esenthel 64.exe load up a project Esenthel RPG 2 and click build or rebuild it comes up with "No application selected or it has invalid name" how do I make the .sln ?
03-09-2013 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Where is the Build All button in EE2?
Esenthel RPG2 from Esenthel Store is currently available only for EE1.
I'm working on porting it to 2.0 and it will be available soon.
03-09-2013 05:41 PM
Palaxe Offline

Can RPG source be used in MMO?
And If you don't mind me asking, are you thinking of making an advanced mmo source with more in it like RPG?
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 07:02 PM by Palaxe.)
03-09-2013 06:52 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Yes you can reuse some of the elements from Esenthel RPG into MMO, but not all of them.

That's a good idea of making more complex mmo tutorial, however my roadmap already has plenty of elements smile so it will take time..
03-09-2013 07:17 PM
Palaxe Offline

(03-09-2013 07:17 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  Yes you can reuse some of the elements from Esenthel RPG into MMO, but not all of them.

That's a good idea of making more complex mmo tutorial, however my roadmap already has plenty of elements smile so it will take time..

That would be great! Like we were posting on another post. To have examples of different types of elements as crafting, spell system, quests.
just all the standard mmo stuff would be priceless.

I think it would be a top seller in your store. It would be worth every penny to some of use that use examples to code with. If that makes sense.

Thanks for the reply and I'll hold tight smile
03-09-2013 08:42 PM
nomax5 Offline

Ahh my mistake, no biggie, I'll use EE1
I'm thinking I will learn every aspect of the RPG Demo by re-doing it bit by bit using my stuff, objects Gui code etc..
I've changed the buildings made a lake and a river with a bridge, I'm trying to figure out 2 things

1. How to paint grass and trees, the video tutorial has different menus and options, if anyone has any tips?

2. how to select just Trees and Grass to delete them without deleting the goblins and other stuff.

hers a pic
[Image: screen1.jpg]
03-09-2013 08:51 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

2) You can double click on world object it will auto select all similar objects in the field of view
03-09-2013 09:03 PM
nomax5 Offline

Ahh Ha that is a handy tip thanks, I'm building up a Esenthel cheat sheet with tips and tricks on.
03-09-2013 11:16 PM
Tottel Offline

Also, Ctrl + B and Ctrl + L smile (while in object mode in the world editor)
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 11:20 PM by Tottel.)
03-09-2013 11:19 PM
zoot686 Offline

Quote:That's a good idea of making more complex mmo tutorial, however my roadmap already has plenty of elements smile so it will take time..
I'll buy a copy of that.*grins*
03-12-2013 05:38 AM