About Store Forum Documentation Contact

General
gwald Offline

RE: Video Tutorials
(03-20-2013 01:05 PM)Scarlet Thread Wrote:  LE3 is decievingly sweet. Wait until u see all the vital missing features and u will realise it is a gimmick engine made to make gimmicky mobile games.

LOL, I wish mario had read that! lol

(03-30-2013 04:52 PM)Scarlet Thread Wrote:  (buy buy rent... hello mortgage)

Congrats!!

Cat5 lol wireless routers are so cheap pfft
I did the same thing, then I bought a wireless router grin
Looking forward to your vids and blog updates smile

Welcome back smile

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 10:45 PM by gwald.)
03-30-2013 10:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scarlet Thread Offline

Hi All!

I was able to somehow convert a few days into a week!! haha I've been busy but finally pumped out another tutorial / guide. The tutorial is about 45 mins long so I broke it up into 3 parts. Unfortunately I had FRAPS set to half size by mistake so the quality isn't great but I hope you can still understand it. Obviously after 45 mins of recording I wasn't willing to do it all again to improve the picture quality.

Enjoy.. Check the OP for the links
04-11-2013 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

Good job Scarlet!

Very clear and helpful. I'm also curious about the game you're making. smile
04-11-2013 03:24 PM
Rubeus Offline

It's a little hard to see some of the text, but you explain what you are doing, so as long as you aren't deaf, it works well enough. Good job on the videos.
04-11-2013 03:53 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(04-11-2013 03:53 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  It's a little hard to see some of the text, but you explain what you are doing, so as long as you aren't deaf, it works well enough. Good job on the videos.

Indeed... This is because I accidentally had FRAPS set to capture at half size. I was rather annoyed when I found that this setting was on because I usually capture at full size. However, re-recording a 45min video is just too much especially since I winged the whole thing. Hopefully I won't forget next time.
04-11-2013 04:49 PM
Rubeus Offline

(04-11-2013 04:49 PM)Scarlet Thread Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 03:53 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  It's a little hard to see some of the text, but you explain what you are doing, so as long as you aren't deaf, it works well enough. Good job on the videos.

Indeed... This is because I accidentally had FRAPS set to capture at half size. I was rather annoyed when I found that this setting was on because I usually capture at full size. However, re-recording a 45min video is just too much especially since I winged the whole thing. Hopefully I won't forget next time.

I should have been a little more clear; I meant in spite of the FRAPS mixup. Nice job. I learned quite a bit about how to work EE in 2.0. (As a side note, I think YouTube 1/2 sizes videos[at least it was so in the past] when you upload them. Perhaps doubling the resolution of your video before uploading will allow you to keep 1/2 res instead of 1/4?)

Also, very nice tools you make-the debug, triggers, etc. My debug tools usually end up far less elegant.
04-11-2013 07:34 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(04-11-2013 07:34 PM)Rubeus Wrote:  As a side note, I think YouTube 1/2 sizes videos[at least it was so in the past] when you upload them.
To my knowledge that's not the case, YouTube supports only 1080, 720, 480, 360, 240 heights.
So I'm guessing if you upload for example a video with 512 height, then it will resize it to nearest smallest size, to 480.

@Scarlet Thread: as always, great job on the videos smile
04-11-2013 08:48 PM
Zervox Offline

Remember the video format compresses differently when you upload them to youtube, there is alot of guides talking about the best format to use for youtube video uploads around.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 01:07 AM by Zervox.)
04-12-2013 01:06 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Either way.. if you look at my other video's they are pretty clear. The original video looks exactly the same as the youtube video on a HD level in a full screen mode. The only difference is because of the half size in FRAPS mistake.
04-12-2013 06:52 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Great job on the tutorials as per usual Ken. I haven't had much opportunity to get into the code side yet, as I'm still finishing the reconstruction of my test level, so this has been very useful. Can't wait to get started really smile
04-12-2013 08:05 AM
Captainzero Offline

Thanks for the tutes ST. Any tutorials/videos on the engine are not only greatly appreciated by the users, but also help spread the word and keep development going on it. Great job mate.
04-13-2013 11:37 AM
Palaxe Offline

Thank you Scarlet,
Your Video's have answered about 50 of my questions I have.
Thanks for taking the time to make them smile

I look forward to seeing more of them smile
04-14-2013 06:24 PM