About Store Forum Documentation Contact

What would be best for me?
uNetti Offline

What would be best for me?
First, I hope you don't mind me asking for your advice. I am considering making a few games for android,iOS and windows metro/desktop and see if I can make any kind of money doing so. My Question to you is, what will this cost me? What kind of expenses am I looking at in hopes of getting some return if the games sell? I noticed its 150$ for Engine 2.0, but what if I want
to sell some games for 2€ on android market if I get that far?

Secondly I was very interested in the Ineisis Online, but how does the world work? Can you create an unlimited sized world like Minecraft where you can go for hours in any direction? Is this programmed into it? And how would this work in an MMO?

And last, I am very interested in making an MMO, how is the server/client created? I have been looking at Torque3D MMO kit, where server side is run with python, how is this in comparison? How about quests, character generation and all this items, are they available? I love the old Everquest world and was considering making a game that loads its textures with code https://github.com/sodcheats/s3d , its made with boost and wondering how hard it would be to integrate with Esenthel so that if I have a legit copy of everquest I can load the maps/textures from it? Can it work with Photon server?

Also I noticed that Divergence Online was listed under games, is the latest video shown really made with Esenthel? I am more interested in the idea of being able to create an unlimited size world like Minecraft, and wondering what engine I can accomplish this with?

I hope you can answer my questions as I am looking for a solution and some fun.
03-09-2013 02:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gwald Offline

RE: What would be best for me?
Yes $150 and some good cheer is all it takes smile
Welcome, please join us!

You are very smart for choosing esenthel, just download the demo and profit smile

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 03:24 PM by gwald.)
03-09-2013 03:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uNetti Offline

But what about sales? It says not allowed commercially, but not sure if I am commercial or not if I sell it for 2€ on android market?
03-09-2013 03:49 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

You need to get Esenthel 2.0 license (150$) in order to make games and sell them (that includes 2 euro priced games).

About Divergence, second half of the 2nd video is powered by Esenthel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAFJ8FxJFnw
03-09-2013 04:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uNetti Offline

Cheers, and wow that is some amazing stuff.

So how about porting to xbox/ps3/nintendo ds? How hard will that be?

Also, in regards in license, do I need a license for me and does people that help me with 3D also need a license? I noticed that the demo was not able to connect to Bloody Massacre source. Or is that cause the one who runs the server, needs license?
03-09-2013 05:35 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(03-09-2013 05:35 PM)uNetti Wrote:  So how about porting to xbox/ps3/nintendo ds? How hard will that be?
Esenthel does not support those platforms.

Quote:Also, in regards in license, do I need a license for me and does people that help me with 3D also need a license?
Only people who use Esenthel Editor need their own license.
Quote:I noticed that the demo was not able to connect to Bloody Massacre source. Or is that cause the one who runs the server, needs license?
Syncing application settings and source codes is done only through manual click on the "M" menu -> Synchronize Codes.
03-09-2013 05:38 PM
uNetti Offline

It was more about, if if you think it would be hard to use some of the code, on a ps3/xbox engine.

(03-09-2013 05:38 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 05:35 PM)uNetti Wrote:  So how about porting to xbox/ps3/nintendo ds? How hard will that be?
Esenthel does not support those platforms.
03-09-2013 05:50 PM
Tottel Offline

You need to buy the 2.0 editor to be able to release commercially. But you can work on your game without buying the editor, and then just buy it when you want to release/When you're convinced you want to stick with Esenthel.

However, the free 2.0 editor is limited to 65 (or something) elements in your resource window. Still, give it a try, see if you like it. smile

Welcome btw. pfft
03-09-2013 06:15 PM
uNetti Offline

Thanks for the welcome. smile

Yeah I misread the information to start with, You're not allowed to create commercial "game engines"/"game editors"/"game makers" with the software.
Also I did notice the Esenthel Engine Ultimate License, which gives Full source code of Esenthel Engine, so that I can implement xbox/ps3/wii support if later required. Just wondering what kind of numbers we are talking about. In any case it seams it will be possible for me to expand the engine if I so wish, so quite happy with it, now I just need to find out how to run some of the source. grin
03-09-2013 09:13 PM
Rubeus Offline

Keep in mind that the ultimate license is for the 1.0 toolset. Creating an MMO on Esenthel then later porting to consoles will require either rewriting a large portion of the Esenthel engine, or writing an extensive wrapper to allow your code to work with an existing console-compatable engine.
03-10-2013 08:32 AM