About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Introduction uNetti
uNetti Offline

Introduction uNetti
So to introduce myself

My name is Lars and I live in Finland with my wife and 2 kids.

I discovered Esenthel while comparing 3D engines and got very excited about the Ineisis demo, ability to create unlimited worlds and android/iOS deployment.

I'm a professional software developer/software integrator/linguistic tester, that has moved toward the gaming industry after making software like Nokia Video Manager, Nokia Podcasting, Game installers, Mobile Gallery Application and more including bug fixing on facebook/twitter mobile application. I know several programming languages, libraries and framework over the years, from basic, c, c++, qt, qml, php, perl, html, javascript, lua some java and python and the list goes on.

I have played almost all kind of games and mmo's since the 90's and married my wife after meeting her in world of warcraft. grin

I also spent some time in the more disliked community understanding vulnerabilities and automation of games. I often found it more fun botting while working to achieve goals that I would not be able to while at work. In short I know most of the hacking and bot communities and how to protect a game from cheats.

Enough about me, it should give you an understanding of my background smile

Also cheers all for the warm welcome!
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 08:24 PM by uNetti.)
03-10-2013 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

RE: Introduction uNetti
Welcome to the community Lars. I'm Joe the modeller for the Fate of Lysian. I'm not a professional yet, but I'm hoping to be after the release of my first game. What kind of game are you looking to make? Are you teaming up with anyone on a project yet?
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 09:28 PM by Shatterstar.)
03-10-2013 09:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uNetti Offline

Thanks, honestly not sure what kind of game I will make, I got hired by a gaming company to make kids games, which I think is fun since I can make something my kids can play, and in the same time get introduced more into the gaming coding community.

Also makes me unable to join any kids projects/competition to the company. But in my free time I rather want to make/help an MMO then playing one. And from what I can gather around, allot of tools/features are missing to the community.

Right now I really love how Divergence: Online is made, and I am definitely interested in teaming up with projects, I also have several graphic artists in my close network that is interested in making some games.

Anyways, I am sure my experience can contribute to several projects, I am interested in making tools for a good MMO, and as most experience is usually not limited to one project.
03-10-2013 09:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scarlet Thread Offline

Hi, and welcome.

(03-10-2013 09:39 PM)uNetti Wrote:  And from what I can gather around, allot of tools/features are missing to the community.

That really depends on what type of engine you think Esenthel is.
03-10-2013 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

Hello uNetti smile

I think, even if Esenthel doesn't have some tools it is so flexible that you can write it yourself.
03-11-2013 11:14 AM