About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Scope Creep
Scarlet Thread Offline

Scope Creep
Ever had a simple idea and then that quickly go out of hand.... This is the kind of thing I deal with everyday in my day job as a civil Engineer but I find is just as common in Game Development . Scope Creep can have a massive effect on the time spent doing something that should have been more simple to begin with. Most of the time scope creep is bad and should be avoided like the scourge.

However, As I recently made my elevator system for my game, my scope creeped little by little to a point where the elevators were rather complex. Luckily in doing so the elevators also have the ability to behave like floating platforms and extendible bridges. Therefore, It turned out ok since I was going to have to do those things anyway. The below video shows my Elevator system in action. Like everything I make, I like to make it very diverse and flexible. Enjoy smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdPWMWrAYxg
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 10:53 PM by Scarlet Thread.)
03-12-2013 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ozmodian Offline

RE: Scope Creep
Great tutorial as always. Very interesting stuff. Looks like you are really setting yourself for some flexible level building in the near future.
03-13-2013 02:13 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(03-13-2013 02:13 AM)Ozmodian Wrote:  Great tutorial as always. Very interesting stuff. Looks like you are really setting yourself for some flexible level building in the near future.

Thanks. I actually can't wait until I can just stop coding and starting using what I've coded to make levels. I guess the idea is to just go nuts and get the coding out of the way.
03-13-2013 04:09 AM
rstralberg Offline

Great video as usual grin

My Blog is at http://mrstralberg.blogspot.se.
Chat account Skype (rstralberg)
03-13-2013 08:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

Excellent as usual Ken! Love your approach to all of this, reflects your underlying engineering background me thinks smile
03-13-2013 04:34 PM