About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel 2.0 ocean and update
AndrewBGS Offline

Esenthel 2.0 ocean and update
So I have two simple questions that I'd appreciate help with:
Isn't there a tool for adding ocean in EE 2? I couldn't seem to find any, environment didn't seem to have any, and neither did water. So can i have an ocean in 2, otherwise than building an amazingly big lake?

2nd question, How should we update EE2? It doesn't seem to have an auto update tool yet, and I couldn't find much support about how to do this.
Thanks in advance.
03-14-2013 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fatcoder Offline

RE: Esenthel 2.0 ocean and update
Please see the roadmap. Both of these are already there.
03-14-2013 09:58 AM
gwald Offline

#1 read this thread, it's v1 but it might help?
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...ight=ocean

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
03-14-2013 10:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scarlet Thread Offline

You have to re-download the latest EE2 and then copy the project folder from your old one into the new one. I think an auto updater is coming soon
03-14-2013 11:43 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Autoupdate will arrive soon.
You can create environment options by right clicking on project and selecting new environment.
You can setup ocean in 2.0 only through codes - EE::Water (not in editor)
03-14-2013 11:56 AM
uNetti Offline

So how exactly do you set Water level?

In some old code the water was set to -330. Now if I start putting minus numbers in Water.plane.set(), it reserves the ocean upside down and follows your character.

Just trying to understand it, cause none of the description mentions you can reverse the ocean nor does it talk about water stalking your character.
03-27-2013 07:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EthanC Offline

(03-27-2013 07:34 AM)uNetti Wrote:  So how exactly do you set Water level?

In some old code the water was set to -330. Now if I start putting minus numbers in Water.plane.set(), it reserves the ocean upside down and follows your character.

Bumping this issue for a response.
03-27-2013 08:48 PM
shadow Offline

I think it would be helpful if you'd paste your current code, attach screenshot, and describe the issue in more detail.
03-27-2013 09:21 PM
JonathonA Offline

(03-27-2013 07:34 AM)uNetti Wrote:  So how exactly do you set Water level?

Just trying to understand it, cause none of the description mentions you can reverse the ocean nor does it talk about water stalking your character.

Okay...

1. Where did you find the -330 in the old code? Can you post the line of code here?

2. Which part of Water.plane.set(...) are you putting minus numbers in? The first parameter is the plane position, the second is the surface normal. Changing the surface normal from (0,1,0) to (0,-1,0) may reverse it but I am not able to test that theory.

3. At present, you think the Ocean is moving up and down as your character moves up and down, is that correct? So if your character runs up a mountain the water level rises also?
03-27-2013 09:49 PM
uNetti Offline

Editor V1:
Code:
Ocean
{
   Level                    = "-330"
}
No code required in pre-20 SDK.
Question is fairly simple, how do you do it in SDK 22/23+?

Anyways, if other starts getting problems with it, I found out that the following code works in the same way.

Code:
Water.draw=true;
Water.plane.set(Vec(0,-330,0),Vec(0,1,0));
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 12:42 AM by uNetti.)
03-28-2013 12:35 AM
AndrewBGS Offline

while this code worked very well for me, I got an ocean with almost black kind of water.
How do I make it be the water material I'm using for rivers and lakes?
03-30-2013 12:43 PM
uNetti Offline

(03-30-2013 12:43 PM)andreim44 Wrote:  while this code worked very well for me, I got an ocean with almost black kind of water.
How do I make it be the water material I'm using for rivers and lakes?

You should also set colorMap, normalMap, reflectionMap and all those settings smile
03-30-2013 01:57 PM