About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Dumb question of the day - adding player controlled character
uNetti Offline

Dumb question of the day - adding player controlled character
It might be so easy. How exactly without coding it, do you add the player controlled character in EE 2.0?

You drag in your body.mesh into your project, you drag object it into the world. But how does it set to be played controlled, without coding it?

I even tried look at some of the video tutorials, didn't find the solution.
03-22-2013 07:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ozmodian Offline

RE: Dumb question of the day - adding player controlled character
Hi uNetti,

I see you are a Licensed Developer again, glad to have you back with us.

With your question, it is not dumb at all. There are a few tutorials which do a really good job of helping you understand this.

I used 14 - Game Basics --> 01-Character and 14 - Game Basics --> Camera Modes and they both have great examples of adding a player controlled character.

Let me know if you have any questions.
03-22-2013 08:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uNetti Offline

Hi,

Yeah I knew about the coding part, maybe it is just me that remembers wrong of being able to play character in the sample without any code.

Cheers!
03-22-2013 08:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ozmodian Offline

Do you mean Play a world? B/c you can click the "Play" button in the upper right of the world editor to view the world at any time. There is no mesh character but you can move around in it. Is that what you mean?
03-22-2013 08:38 AM
gdalex Offline

Or if you mean by "playing the character" : selecting a different 3D model for the character, this cannot be done automatically, as far as the 3D model UID for loading is hardcoded smile
03-22-2013 11:13 AM
uNetti Offline

(03-22-2013 08:38 AM)Ozmodian Wrote:  Do you mean Play a world? B/c you can click the "Play" button in the upper right of the world editor to view the world at any time. There is no mesh character but you can move around in it. Is that what you mean?

Well, in editor v1, if you set character to OBJ_PLAYER, and you clicked "Play" button, you would run around in this Mesh character. Just haven't figured out how to do this with v2 editor. There is allot of options that is "default" in v1 but is empty in v2, I am simply trying to learn how to use the GUI of v2 editor.

Check "destructible.world" as an example.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 11:36 PM by uNetti.)
03-23-2013 11:33 PM