About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Resource/Server management
AndrewBGS Offline

Resource/Server management
So, there's a big problem that I can't pinpoint with this engine.

I have a project X, and the application app.
Offline mode: I run app, it bugs saying it can't load material <ugly hash code>
Online mode (local server): I run app, it works well.

Problem: If i ERASE removed element from server application, it can't load the material, just like in offline mode. So I figured the online version is loading a removed but not erased material. I noted it's name, and searched for it. I could not find it.

Other problem: After erasing all removed elements from both server and offline applications and re-opening the server application, removed elements where back there again.

2 questions:
- How to find my material? Or find where it is used in the world so I can remove it?
- How to permanently erase some data? Erasing seems to work, but after restarting the application on the SERVER, it's all back there again. And after that it's there on the offline version too.
03-26-2013 01:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Resource/Server management
Hi,

erasing elements on the server is not yet supported (workaround is to remove the entire project on the server, and upload the client version after it had erased elements)

for detecting errors when accessing non existing elements in the game code, please use debugging, and verify call stack.
03-26-2013 03:22 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

RE: Resource/Server management
Well, the debugger isn't of much help. I know my code bugs at loading the world, because it can't find the material.
What would DO help me would be to identify the material in the server project and restore it then copy it to the offline project. So I noted down the id of the material when the error occurs (Can't load material X); I type the material name - X - in the find bar on the server project, where the material is found, since the world is loaded, but it does not find any X.

Why don't I find it? Is it possible that the material isn't there in the server version on the project but it in the local version? If that is the case, how can I make my local version be just like the server version?
03-26-2013 05:32 PM