About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Element multiplying
AndrewBGS Offline

Element multiplying
While working around with objects I found myself wanting to duplicate elements a lot.
Since we don't have a tool for material instances, or object instance, in order to have a tree with green leaves and a tree with yellow laves (for example) having the same tree object, it would be very useful if I could duplicate an object (element) in the editor. I know there are ways to work around this, at the moment i just import the original object twice, but after the original is deleted this is quite a problem.

So I want to be able to take an object and duplicate it. (in order to work on it's copy and obtain a just slightly different object).

I'm pretty sure this feature is easy to add, so could you please do this for some future release?
04-02-2013 01:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Element multiplying
Hi, actually I did this couple days ago, it will be available in next release.
04-02-2013 01:03 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

Great smile That will come in handy!
(is there anyway we can know when a new release is available without re-downloading the source every time?)
04-02-2013 01:46 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

The editor notifies you when update is available.
And I post about it here http://www.esenthel.com/community/forumd....php?fid=8
04-02-2013 02:05 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

Thanks a lot for taking into consideration my suggestion. It is already helping me out A LOT, but I'll dare ask for more.

Could you enhance the duplicate function such that it duplicates an element with all its sub-elements too? I wanted to use this feature to keep backups for my application, but apparently i have to duplicate every single code element separately, not only the application containing them.
04-09-2013 03:00 PM